Thread: Nitto Terra Grappler Tires / Interco TrXus Tires

Does anybody have any experience with Nitto Terra Grappler Tires in the 285 or 295 X 16 sizes. Beefy casings at reasonable prices. Curious about wear (have a 500 & A rating) and noise, expecially the last 50% of treat. Also curious about experience with the Interco
    TrXus Mud Terrain in a 285X16 which is a super beefy casing, 10 ply, with a load rating of 3745 lbs, which is the highest I've ever seen. I've looked for 10 ply 285's, but can't find any of the major brands making then. I want about a 33" tall tire that will handle heavy loads, wear well, and not be extremely noisy. Yea, I know, looking for the impossible. Ideas or comments please. Thanks

I'd go with the Truxxus tires. The Nitto's are horrible off road. May as well run racing slicks if you put it on wet grass

Only know about the Trxus. Very quiet on road, pull very good in the mud and siping makes for good wet traction on road. One magazine said they turned the engine off, rolled down a hill on pavement and you could not hear the tires.
    TxDoc's Photos
    Member #5547

does anyone know what type of treadwear to expect? it doesn't say on their website...that can't be a good thing!

I'd say if your a light footed driver, 50k. If you like to hot rod it and sling it around turns at 60, then I'd say 35-40k

Anybody know of a good place or good deals on TrXus? Boss don't like it when I spend the day shopping on computer
    2002 Silverado K2500HD DMax/ZF6 LS<br />Reg Cab, LB, G80, Fumoto, <br />DeeZee Blacktread cab/box boards<br />Fisher M/M 2<br />11,000 mi. 10/03/02<br />\'00 Big Bear, 27\" Mud-Bugs, Mac-made toolbox/rollbar<p>So close to stock it ain\'t even funny!