Thread: rims for GMC 2500 HD

fourtenposi Guest

Arrow

I am looking into getting some used factory aluminum wheels to swap out with my steel wheels. Are the wheel sizes the same from the steel wheels to the aluminum wheels or do they require a different size tire? Also are the hub caps the same for the aluminum and steel wheels? Some of the sets of rims I am finding on ebay have chevy hubcabs and wonder if I could just use my gmc hub caps

Thanks in advance to those who reply

Arrow

The PYO (aluminum 8 lug) wheels will work on any current GM, and many past GM 8 lug SRW's. The models that came from the factory with the PYO's are the 1500HD, 2500, and 2500HD.

The caps mount with plastic cap-nuts. As long as you have the outer-threaded lug nuts, they'll work, whichever brand. The lug nuts are also interchangeable.

The 2500HD, 2001 to current, have 16" X 6.5" wheels, steel or aluminum. OEM tire size is 245/75/16, either one.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

okeehandyman Guest

Fourtenposi - Another good place to look for deals on OEM wheels is The***********.com, in the for sale section I see lots of wheels, tires, and other stuff listed. Good luck.

okeehandyman Guest

Sorry folks, I did'n know that we can't give out non advertiser web addresses. Just trying to help a guy get a deal on on wheels from a diesel truck web site with lots of parts for sale.

I have a used set for a 2004 2500HD Silverado with caps. A couple of them have light scratches that would polish out. They were replaced by my insurance company(reluctantly) because of the scratches caused by snow/gravel. This happen when I slid off the road when the truck was less than one year old. The bodyshop was able to find a complete new take-off set. I kept them in the boxes that the new set came in. This should be in the Buy/Sell, but $150.00 plus shipping.

Keep in mind that you must have rims that are rated at 80psi to keep the weight rating of your truck. Only about 1 rim in 100 will be rated this high. I believe alcoa makes them all.
    2007 Classic 3500HD srw 4x4 D-Max, Ally, Reg cab, LB

I have a set of the factory polished rims from my truck that were taken off when I bought it. They basically have around 2000 miles on them. Let me know if you'd be interested.
    Rhino Liner
    Color Matched Vent Visors
    Chrome Mud Flaps