Thread: rear view mirror

kerry witherspoon Guest

Noticed yesteday temp on rear view mirror at 30 celcieus and mirror very hot . temp has not been acurate since i picked truck up .anyone else have this problem. Otherwise love the truck,hauls ass.

kerry witherspoon
    The winter front, if you have it on, will always make it read 3 to 4deg c higher. But 30 deg c, no way. I live 3 hrs from you and that thing is reading wrong, and mine never gets hot either. I would take it back and see what the dealer says. Good luck
    Cheers
    Bear
    Summit white 2002 Chev 3500 LT 4X4 CC Dmax, Outback stainless steel bushguard, KC Daylighter titanium offroad lights,110 gal. auxellery fuel tank / tool box combo, Lund bug deflector,DeeZee stainless steel grill insert, Dee Zee stainless running boards, Husky front and rear floor mats, Wabasto diesel fired heater, Juice 4.61, Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors, BD Exhaust Brake,Prodigy Brake Controller, BD X-Monitor, Kennedy Diesel light harness, Bilstiens shocks Alcoa Hot Shots with Michilin 235-85R16 LTX AT. pull a 30.5 ft Avion Westport 5th wheel trailer and a 2000 18FT Tahoe Fish and ski boat with a 4.3Lt LX in tandem, many more toys to come

Wink

The temp sensor is behind the center of the grill.
    If you use the grill cover it traps the engine heat and makes the reading of the outside temp high. It can be relocated to the driver side of the front of the truck and get outside air to read more accurately.

sounds like a bad sensor and / or mirror if it is reading those temps in Canada this time of year! Might want to call the dealer to set up an appointment. Go ahead and plan on 2 trips to the dealer... first one for the dealer to say "yep, its bad..we will order you one", and the second to install it.

The mirror keeps a pretty good reading while running down the road. Not too good at a standstill. I was in Brownsville TX a few weeks ago, and the mirror said 98F while sitting in a blacktop parking lot for 10 minutes. Once I took off, it corrected to 84F within 10 minutes, which was closer to the actual temp.

Good luck!
    2001 JUICED GMC 2500HD SLE AlliMax, Longbed, Ext. Cab, 4X4 Summit White, G80 Differential, Husky Liners, Black UWS Toolbox, Black Westin Nerfs, Black Replacement Front and Rear Bumper, Black Bedrail caps, Autopage 2 way LCD Alarm remote start,JL Audio, Hella, Cobra, ProComp Mud Terrains, Tekonsha Prodigy Controller, Fumoto, Rhino Liner, 400 Watt Inverter, Pioneer XM Radio<br />KENNEDY 4\" Exhaust. 100,000 miles on January 31,2003!!<br /><a href=\"http://home.att.net/~markstanco\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PHOTOS UPDATE 11/02</b></a><br /><br />Gutter Pipe is your friend. Leafblower is your enemy.