Thread: Wiper Delay Not Consistent?

Question

One of those annoying, niggling little flaws in my otherwise perfect truck....
    When I set my wipers on the SLOWEST delay setting (which is pretty much PERMANENTLY during the winter/spring in western Washington), sometimes it will wipe once every minute, and other times it's like every 5 seconds. It never seems to be consistent, and I don't believe these trucks (GMC 2500HD SLT) are equipped with rain sensing wipers. Any ideas out there? Do I need to be taking my rig back to the dealer for a look-see?
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

There was a similar problem with my 96 Burb. I had to replace the intermittant relay box under the firewall.

There was a ton of threads on it in the 6.5 forum. Not sure if the new trucks use the same relay. Piece of cake to do yourself if it is.
    2001 2500HD LS Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Shortbed 4WD<br />Fold a Cover - Bed Rug<br />27\' Holiday Rambler Aluma lite Travel Trailer