Thread: 265/75/16 All Terrain Tires

Roy W Guest

I'm ready to upgrade my 245 highway tread tires to something more aggressive. I've been looking at Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT's, Goodyear Wranglers, and Michelin LTX AT's. I pull a 9200 lb travel trailer, and only a small portion of my driving will be off road, but I want something that will pull when I need it. A quiet tire is important. Any recommendations???

a5150nut Guest

Look at Coopers

Discover S/T LT 265/75R16

Tires here

The SS/T is more aggresive and does have some noise factor. But the S/T is quiet.

Roy W,

I had the Revo 265/75/16's (Load ratig "D") on my previous 1/2 ton truck when I traded it in on my new truck. I was very satisfied with their look, ride, very low noise, traction (snow and rain), and insignificant treadwear over 30,000 miles. I will most likely buy 4 more (except in the load rating "E") when I replace my current stock tires.

Jim M.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)

I too am looking at getting rid of the factory highway ribs. I am between Revo's and LTX M/S.
    \'05 Chevy 2500 HD LS CC/LB 4x4 D/A, Century Cap, Line-X Spray on bedliner, SS Nerf Bars, Lund Bug Deflector, 235/85R16E LTX M/S II, Kennedy Custom ECM Tune, Uni-filter, EGT/Pyro & Boost Guages

96ccdd Guest

Just as a side note, I'm told that PEPBOY'S brand tires are made by Cooper. I had them on my 96 and never had a problem. A little cheaper your not paying for the name.

I have the 265 load range 'E' Revo's. Great in all areas. Best tire I ever used.
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013

I also have 265 REVOs on my 2500HD. After 25,000+ miles, they are barely worn. Truly an amazing tire. Great replacements for the sh*t Goodyears that were on it.
    2001 2500HD LS 4X4 D/A CC SB, 265 Revo's, Bilsteins, Access bedcover, Autoarmor bedliner.
    1992 2500 RC LB 4X4 6.2 5sp.

JD Diesel Guest

So yall say they are that good and worth getting? Cause I was thinking about getting nitto's JD

hug Guest

All are good choices except for the goodyears. Also, consider uniroyal tires. These tires have gave me good service and I gross at about 19000 lbs. Just remember any large chian store(wal-mart-pepboys-sears etc) that sells a name brand tire is usually built to there spec and which returns a lower price and quality. Just beware that it might have the name but not the quality.

Heartbeat Hauler Guest

Originally posted by Dawg:
    I have the 265 load range 'E' Revo's. Great in all areas. Best tire I ever used.
    Dawg,
    How are these tires as far as noise on the highway?

Originally posted by hug:
    All are good choices except for the goodyears. Also, consider uniroyal tires. These tires have gave me good service and I gross at about 19000 lbs. Just remember any large chian store(wal-mart-pepboys-sears etc) that sells a name brand tire is usually built to there spec and which returns a lower price and quality. Just beware that it might have the name but not the quality.
    I can vouch for that! My wife's cousin designs the formula for X labeled Michelin tires and he says the same thing. Stores like Wal-Mart, Sam's etc. get a lower quality tire, but if you bring Wal-Mart a quote they can order the better tire at a 5% discount...FYI.
    JP

Heartbeat Hauler,

They are very quiet and smooth. This may sound silly, but they are a very round tire. Meaning they balance very well. I have very little weight on the wheels and no weights on the outside of the rims. As I recall, it has something to do with the they in which they are built. Also, they are supposed to be just as sticky and provide as good as traction when nearly wore out as they do when they are new. It is the way the carbon black is used in the manufacturing process. I just drove 200 miles in ice and snow last weekend. We got 8" of snow last night at our house. I didn't even have to engage 4WD on the way out to the main road. I can tell you the old tires would have been slipping. I'm no expert, just trying to recall some of the info I learned when doing the research. I will definitely get them again.
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013

Heartbeat Hauler Guest

I am going back and forth with the michelins & revos. Thanks for the info.
    JP