Thread: lots of questions

dieseldummy Guest

I have a 93 chevy with an automatic trans. My problem is that i can only hit 13 pounds of boost in OD with the converter locked up. This is with an intercooler installed and the IP turned up almost 1/2 a turn. Before the intercooler install i could only hit about 14.5. The fins on the compressor wheel of my turbo are becoming rounded looking. Could this be my problem, or is it something else. Also my pickup has 131,000 miles. Thanks for any advice.

If the fins aren't hitting the case then I can't see how the fins will round off. Look for any hoses collapsing or loose clamps.
    Charlie P. <br />95 Tahoe 6.5 TD

They say you lose a couple of lbs of boost after
    the I/C. Guess that confirms it!

Maybe you need to engineer more adjustment in your controller. I have my TM set at 14psi after I/C w/my GM1 turbo. I'm pretty sure I could adjust for more boost, but don't see the need.
    92 GMC std cab C2500, Kennedy high flow injectors,port matched, Banks exhaust & gauges, intercooler, 97 cooling, Turbo Master.A means for a Toy

What kind of exhaust system do you have?
    Also, is your air filter clean?
    1995 Chevy K2500 Ext. cab 6.5L.<br />1993 GMC K1500 Ext. cab 6.5L with Banks Turbo