Thread: Unable to stop air flow in back vents

A||||1||Robert W. Jones||Diesel Timing Light?||||5||||Stray Cat||00012887 Guest

Thumbs down

Is it by design that you can't stop the air flow from the back vents? (The one under the passenger seat, drivers seat and on the console.)

I tried different settings on the A/C controls but it always seem to have air blowing out of the vents back there. This was really noticeable on a trip down the 401 at highway speeds. A friend was getting cold in the back, and it was warm in the front.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sheldon

On my 01 if you push the re-circlulate button,with the fan off it, seems to stop the outside air flow.
    chipper 2001 GMC,,D/MAX,SLE,EXT CAB,LONGBED,LINEX,FIRESTONE AIR BAGS,,driv\'en it & smilling, 32' Excel 5er

A||||1||Robert W. Jones||Diesel Timing Light?||||5||||Stray Cat||00012887 Guest

The truck is a 2001 Crew Cab, I have tried pushing the different buttons, but I will try your suggestion.

This is most noticable when going fast (60 MPH+).

Sheldon

On the ext cab the air vent is in the console and below the directional fins there is a roller type wheel to close the air flow.

Tom
    TBC<br />2001 2500HD Duramax Ext cab short bed, Indigo blue, LS with leather; Edge Juice ver 4.61; 42 gal fuel tank toolbox combo, black Westin nerf bars, K&N Charger filter, Fumoto Drain Valve, GM underseat storage, Sirius Satellite Radio.