Thread: Lumbar supports.

I just found out today that I have the rare, mind of their own, self inflating lumbar supports on my truck. I have suspected problems for a couple of weeks now (actually, I blamed my wife) but it was confirmed today. Got into the truck and the lumbars were inflated to the max.???? Deflated them, and drove the truck around the block to hook up to my trailer. Left the truck running as I was hooking up...maybe 4-5 minutes....when I got back in, they were fully inflated again.?????

Anyone else have this problem???

Only 2000 miles on it by the way.
    2002 Crew Cab LT 2wd DMax/Allison<br />Onyx Black / Gray Leather.<br />Rhino Liner, Westin Step Tubes (Black), Black bed rail caps.<br />-----------------------------------<p>OTHERS:<br />62 Corvette<br />76 Corvette<br />64 GMC 3/4 Ton 57,xxx Original miles (Grandpa\'s truck.)<p>Pics of the above at...<br />http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/76dabo62 <br />-----------------------------------

I got the same problem, about once a week it happens. Any thoughts.
    Cheers
    Bear
    Summit white 2002 Chev 3500 LT 4X4 CC Dmax, Outback stainless steel bushguard, KC Daylighter titanium offroad lights,110 gal. auxellery fuel tank / tool box combo, Lund bug deflector,DeeZee stainless steel grill insert, Dee Zee stainless running boards, Husky front and rear floor mats, Wabasto diesel fired heater, Juice 4.61, Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors, BD Exhaust Brake,Prodigy Brake Controller, BD X-Monitor, Kennedy Diesel light harness, Bilstiens shocks Alcoa Hot Shots with Michilin 235-85R16 LTX AT. pull a 30.5 ft Avion Westport 5th wheel trailer and a 2000 18FT Tahoe Fish and ski boat with a 4.3Lt LX in tandem, many more toys to come

Anchorage, Alaska but living in Colorado because Uncle Sam knows best!!

Hey guys,

I noticed my seats were changing all the time too.

I figured it out though.

I would open the door, lean in, start the truck, close the door. ( winter start up routine...)

When I would get back in the seat was whacked out. So I looked at the way I lean in and sure as hell...I was leaning into the seat controls.

Maybe you are doing the same somehow when you are getting in?

Just a thought...

Russ
    2002 2500HD Crew Cab<br />Long Bed, LT, 4X4<br />Summit White (Alaskan Camo)<br />Line-X Bed Liner<br />Husky Floor Liners<br />Pulling a 2000 Jayco Qwest 240A<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/alaskadmax\" target=\"_blank\">My Pics</a><br />Member 6846

mdrag Guest

Cool

AlaskaDmax,

I've done the same a few times - and if the engine is idling, you'll likely not even notice until you get in.

Alaskamax.....

Thanks for the thought, but I know 100% (this time) the controls were not bumped, touched, etc. I got out and the seats were fine...when I got back in, the were fully inflated. Being 6'4" I can lean in and get in the truck easily without hitting anything. I am having too much fun with the truck ...I don't want to take it in for repair. I will miss it too much [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I will keep an eye on this thread..maybe someone has the same problem repaired already..

Thanks to all!!
    2002 Crew Cab LT 2wd DMax/Allison<br />Onyx Black / Gray Leather.<br />Rhino Liner, Westin Step Tubes (Black), Black bed rail caps.<br />-----------------------------------<p>OTHERS:<br />62 Corvette<br />76 Corvette<br />64 GMC 3/4 Ton 57,xxx Original miles (Grandpa\'s truck.)<p>Pics of the above at...<br />http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/76dabo62 <br />-----------------------------------

Anchorage, Alaska but living in Colorado because Uncle Sam knows best!!

I feel short all of a sudden.
    2002 2500HD Crew Cab<br />Long Bed, LT, 4X4<br />Summit White (Alaskan Camo)<br />Line-X Bed Liner<br />Husky Floor Liners<br />Pulling a 2000 Jayco Qwest 240A<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/alaskadmax\" target=\"_blank\">My Pics</a><br />Member 6846

I had this problem over the winter but have not noticed it lately. It may have been the "lean in" in my case.
    SledZep<br />02 Chevy 2500HD LT CC 4x4 SB D/A Onyx/Graphite 285/75\'s<br />2 Matching car seats in the back

Do you have something in the door pocket that could be hitting the seat control when the door is shut?

No, I haven't had it long enough to accumulate stuff like that [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] .

In fact the door was open when it happened this time

I'll probably take it into the dealer next week. Will let you know what happens.

You guys have some good ideas though......sounds like the voice of experiance