Thread: One more time....please!

Question

I know this has been covered many times before. But I'm a little slow and skeered to try it without fresh advice.
    I've got my new Onyx black Dmax and I want to remove the 4X4 stickers and the 2500HD emblems.
    I don't get along with tape, glue, or scraping devices! .
    One more time could someone tell me a foolproof way to remove these things without SCRATCHING the paint? Then tell me the best way to remove the glue residue.
    Thanks!

Talking

Wally,
    The old standby hair dryer on high will soften the glue so you can pull it off.Any left over residue can be washed off with PPG's ACRYLI-CLEAN, DX330 without damage to the paint.
    chipper

2001 D/MAX<EXT<LB
    chipper 2001 GMC,,D/MAX,SLE,EXT CAB,LONGBED,LINEX,FIRESTONE AIR BAGS,,driv\'en it & smilling, 32' Excel 5er

Thumbs up

Wally, I have a black Dmax myself and I was a first timer about 2 months ago.
    1)Hairdryer
    2)Fishing line (sawing motion) or rubber filler spatula for lifting (that is what I used)
    3)WD-40 to clean off glue residue.
    4) Beers for after you are done, or earlier depending on how much courage you really need.

It was MAYBE 50 degrees out when I did it. Very easy as others have said. The only problem was the 4x4 ghost stayed for 2 washes, but one waxing cured it. I removed everything but the side molding (soon) I even removed the "LT" on the cab.
    If you take them off nice they can be stuck on your toolbox... looks cool....
    SledZep<br />02 Chevy 2500HD LT CC 4x4 SB D/A Onyx/Graphite 285/75\'s<br />2 Matching car seats in the back

Talking

Wally,

Use a hair dryer to soften the glue, pull off emblem.

Use WD-40 to remove glue residue, then wax area to protect paint.

Regards, Steve
    \'02 2500HD 2WD LS, grey, CC, SB, D/A, locking diff., alloys, trailer and towing pkg. Delivered 11/09/01<br />So far:<br />Juice ver 3.61c, Max Power Plug, PS2000 propane, Gibson Performance dual exhaust, 255/85-16 Dunlop Rover A/Ts<br />Pillar mounted SPA Boost/EGT/oil press./oil, tranny, diff. temp gauges, Valentine One<br />Aiwa CD/MP3 head, 4- Pioneer TS-C1653 6.5\" component spkrs, 2-10\" Tsunami subs, 1200W of Visonik amps<br />Jordan 2020 Ultima Brake Controller, Lucerix mirrors, Line-X, Bed X-tender, DeeZee running boards<br />Peragon folding bed cover, Rancho RS9000 shocks<br />PIAA headlights, Power tailgate lock, Invinca-shield, Husky flaps and tinted windows <br />Mag-Hytech diff. cover, Allison deep sump, Transynd, Amsoil air filter and gear lube, Fumoto valve<p>Up next:<br />high idle, Spare fuel tank?<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/sfrakes/2002_silverado\" target=\"_blank\">Truck Pictures</a>

I'm not too worried about the hard emblems. Fishing line should work well and the remaining tape can be rolled off with a thumb. My biggest concern is the 4X4 stickers. Once I get em started, with a little patience they should pull right off. How do get that first piece/corner/edge up without scratching the paint?

Cool

Wally, I used my nails to get started and the just pull it off, Before I started I parked the Truck with one side facing the Sun for about an hour, then did the same on the other side, that way I didn't need to use the hair dryer trick. After it was all off I cleaned the left over glue with WD-40, washed the truck and waxed it.
    2002 LT Duramax/Allison Crew Cab SB 4x4 White/Graphite Leather, BF KO\'s 285-70-17, Westin Bars, Weld Racing Stone Crusher\'s, Dakota Digital EGT