Thread: 2004 3500 has arrived

My new ride has arrived. Pick her up tomorrow and will post any differences I see from my 2500 '01.

Anxious to have a look at her. Don't get the new turbo, etc. but don't get a cat converter either. Ordered before I knew about the new engine but might well have gone this way even if I had.

I do get $4250 in rebates though. Didn't figure I would on the '04.

Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy

$4,250 in rebates -- how?

Congratulations!

Joe,

$2500 on new '04 HD, $1000 for power package discount (was told this was rebate but it's $1000 off the price of D/A package) and $750 military.

[ 09-23-2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: son of a gun ]
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy

New color: Silver Birch really nice, silver with gold overtone in the light.

I bought the GMC SLT with most of the extras. Many are included in the price where they weren't in 2001. Only extras I paid for were HD Package with includes D/A and locking rear diff, xm radio, camper mirrors, HD trailer equipment, skid plates, camper wiring, and tire lock. Even got $50 credit on the 3.73 rear end for some reason. Total options retailed for $7450. That's about $2500 less than '01 and I got more stuff (XM, Bose with 6 disc CD, steering wheel controls, sun visors that actually work but still aren't lighted and usable side mirrors when towing).Got a neat new light strip between the tailgate and the bumper. Truck came in retail at $49,005. Dicker price was $42,000 minus the $2500 and the $750. That is less than I paid for my '01 2500HD. Now I just have to get used to driving this monster!!

Bob

[ 09-27-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: son of a gun ]

Firestones are gone??!!

This truck has Generals on it.

Congratulations on the new truck.

Have fun parking it in your parking garage!

Lee

Lee,

We are building a new house and one bay of the 3 bay garage is sized to hold this baby. Thought that one out in advance. She has to sit outside for the next 6 months however.

Bob