Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dually Wheel Simulators

Unhappy

Has anyone had any luck finding stainless steel wheel simulators for the '01 or'02 3500 dually wheels? The only ones that I have found for these trucks are the snap on type not the ones that mount with the lug nuts. I am afraid that the snap on hubcap type won't stay attached on will be tight to the rim.Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
    '02 GMC 3500 Crew/longbed 4x4 (Wife's daily driver)
    Indigo blue/Graphite leather/all the toys(you only go around once!)
    Wife's daily driver

My work truck:
    '95 3500HD 15,000GVW
    6.5 T/D 5 speed
    chipped and exhaust mods
    (with help of Kennedy)
    10 1/2' Alum dumping flatbed
    GN hitch

Check with www.dieselcite.com. Cite offers snap-on type. If you call, you can order lug nut type. Same price. Hope this helps.

------------------
    2002 Chevy K3500 Crew Cab, D/A, Gray with Graphite Cloth

I contacted Riley Enterprises and they have dually sims in the under lug type also and for the same price as snap on type $145+14.50 shipping. If these are the like the ones I had on my '97 the GM center caps will fit making them look OEM.

------------------
    '02 GMC 3500 Crew/longbed 4x4 (Wife's daily driver)
    Indigo blue/Graphite leather/all the toys(you only go around once!)
    Wife's daily driver

My work truck:
    '95 3500HD 15,000GVW
    6.5 T/D 5 speed
    chipped and exhaust mods
    (with help of Kennedy)
    10 1/2' Alum dumping flatbed
    GN hitch

Raye Guest

Does anyone know what those cheap factory
    beauty rings fit that come on our trucks.
    Mine are cut out for valve stems,so I
    assume there made for something else.

------------------
    2001 Duramax,3500,Dually,
    Allison,4 door,Victory
    red,4x4. 30 Ft. gooseneck
    trailer,hydraulic tilt
    for antique tractors.

Check your front rims/rings, on the front the valve stems should poke out through the indentations. Since the stems are only located on one side of the rim they are pointed in on the back (dually). They are universal to all 16" rim trucks.

------------------
    2001 2500HD LT Extended cab, D/A, Onyx Black, Graphite leather, 4x4, 295 BFG's on Eagle Alloys, MX7000 lightbar,lots of aluminum tread plate,
    BOSS 8' snowplow, straight piped and lovin' it.....
    www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=dslpowr

1994 Chevrolet 2500 Silverado 4x4, Blown, injected 454, 9" Lift, PLAY TRUCK AND TOW TOY!!!

Factory caps will not work. Simulators are all one piece. Held on by two studs screwed on over factory lug nuts.

------------------
    2002 Chevy K3500 Crew Cab, D/A, Gray with Graphite Cloth

I do have the stainless bolt-on simulators in stock now at the wharehouse. In fact, we are not even stocking the snap-ons any longer for obvious reasons.

These are one peice and attatch to two studs and then have two large lug nuts that attatch to that. These look very sharp.

You will not be able to use the factory center caps. These have thge center caps built into them.

As far as I know, these are the only bolt-ons available on the market right now.

The web site does not show this new item yet. It will shortly as soon as my webmaster gets to it. The price on the bolt-ons will be 155.00. The first ones I sold went out at 145.00 before the price increase.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Bob

------------------
    www.dieselsite.com 1-888-414-3457

Cool

I just put in an order for wheel simulators from http://www.jaeeagle.com/index.html you use your hubcaps with them and they are made with stainless steel and the price looks good also.

mowser click on www.picturetrail.com/mowser to see my truck and 5th wheel.

[This message has been edited by mowser (edited 11-13-2001).]

mowser, just looking at your pics

where did you get the silver paint? Is this a custom job or did it come from the factory
    I thought GM isn't offering it as a colour option anymore..

Cool

I special ordered it from the factory, I wanted a Silver truck so I asked for it, and they said OKey-Dokey.

mowser

www.picturetrail.com/mowser

[This message has been edited by mowser (edited 11-13-2001).]

mdrag Guest

Thumbs up

mowser,

Nice looking truck!! Really like the SILVER. Is that a Lund stainless screen front or coldfront on your truck? I've had a coldfront on order for over 1 month and hope to see it soon. Thanks.

------------------

mdrag
    ========================
    '01 3500 DMAX/ALLISON PICTURES<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>2001 3500 LT Crew Cab/LB7 DMAX 6600/M74 Allison 1000 Series/4x4 G80/Light Pewter/Tan Leather
    <LI>Roll-N-Lock Retractable Bed Cover with Carbon Fiber Pattern/TracRac Sliding Rack System
    <LI>Clifford AvantGaurd4 Alarm with Remote Start/SmartWindows4/Computer Interface for MS Windows/Turbo Timer Option
    <LI>SPA DG-111 Digital Boost & EGT Gauge/PIAA Airdam/PIAA 80 Pro XT Driving & 959 Fog Lights
    <LI>DTA Corp Running Boards & Mudflaps/Line-X/Invinca-Shield/Center Console Mods
    <LI>Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors/Tekonsha Prodigy/Goodrich Velvet-Ride Shackles
    <LI>Future Mods Include: Kennedy Diesel Mystery Mod, Alcoas, TransferFlow 56 gal tank w/fast fill.... etc.[/list]

Mowser,
    Real sharp rig you got there.
    Bob

------------------
    www.dieselsite.com 1-888-414-3457

NorCalDMAX Guest

Mowser,
    Clean set up. I like it. The Silver looks good. Man I must say those 5ers are sure BIG. I see them being pulled along and wonder if those things are easy to tow. I have no idea how much they weigh. I tow a 25ft 10,916lb(just scaled it) Race car trailer. That is long enough for me.

------------------
    2001 Chevrolet K3500 LS Duramax/Allison 4x4 CC LB "Dooley" Victory Red/Light Grey Leather with Bench Front seat.

E-mail: cii@onebox.com

Homepage. www.j-line-racing.cityslide.com

NorcalDmax,
    If you haven't towed a fiver yet, you don't know what your missing. They tow like a dream. No more white knuckles. I will never buy another bumper pull again. You can pass trucks and never feel the slightest sway or push. No more "tail wagging the dog".

Bob

------------------
    www.dieselsite.com 1-888-414-3457 Pictures

Cool

mdrag,

No that isn't a winter front, it's a summer, stainless steel, bug screen, and it's not made by LUND, I just picked them up at a GM dealer. I'm going to check today to see if they have the cold front for the HD's also.

mowser www.picturetrail.com/mowser

Dieselsite: Do you actually look at your email (I'm tired of emailing shops who never read/reply to their mail) and would you ship to Ontario Canada via FedEx or UPS.

01 Chev K3500 LT D/A Crew LBx
    Diesel Page Member #40

Look at it constantly. In fact, OE stays open here just about all the time. Sorry, never got an email from you. Got one yesterday wanting more information. I replied to that one, but never got a response.

Yes, I will ship to Canada. No problem. We'll probably have to go post office unless Fed Ex does ground to canada. UPS won't send ground. They charge only Worldwide express and it's EXPENSIVE.

Bob

------------------
    www.dieselsite.com 1-888-414-3457 Pictures

My apologies Dieselsite. I did not mean to imply that I had sent you an email that you did not reply to. I was referring to the often found problem of vendors not reading their email.

So I am sending you an order right now.

Thanks.

Thumbs up

Got my dually stainless wheel simulators from DieselSite,(Kukamonga California) delivered right to my door in just 6 days via UPS.

As described in his post above, these are single piece, highly polished stainless covers. Quality appears as good as any I have seen. Made in China, just like everything else these days.

Some installation hints!

Lube all threads with lithium grease before installation. Supplied threaded parts are somewhat crude and easy to cross-thread. Get a tetanus shot before you commence installation. All punched edges are sharp.

Buy a 5/16th hex wrench to turn and tighten the mounting nut onto the existing wheel nut. The mounting nut must be completely tightened to eliminate wheel cover rattle when installed.

Remember, these nuts (2 per wheel) must be removed to change a flat tire! Store the 5/16th hex wrench with the tire jack in the storage compartment as it will be needed to remove the nut for wheel/tire replacement.

I think these stainless covers are good value for price, and when installed look as good as any I have ever seen.

01 Chev K3500 LT D/A Crew LBx
    Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 Synthetic Engine Oil
    Amsoil Air Filter, Amsoil 75w90 Axle Lube
    Diesel Page Member #40

mowser,
    Did you get the simulators? How well did they work out? I like the idea of retaining the factory centers, but I want to find out how well they stay on and how well they are made before I buy a set.

------------------
    2001 C3500 LT Charcoal Grey
    CC/Longbed Putco boss boards,
    virtual grill,mudflaps,sill protectors Rhino liner,
    bug deflector. Looking into Boost/EGT gague