Thread: Extended cab wind noise door seal???

Okay I really think I know the answer to this but want to solicit opinions anyway. I have had an 01 1500 an 02 2500Hd gasssr and now the 03 Dura. All X cabs. Is it just the nature of the design that makes it difficult to get a good quiet wind seal between the doors? You know the lack of a centerpost. I dont really recall the wind noise on the test drive 6 months ago but then again I was all consumed with the new engine and trans combo. I am sure most Xcab owners have experienced this. I am familiar with the adjustment latch above 3 13mm bolts and the TX35 striker plate on the door but I dont really think thats it. There is also a TSB for earlier models about the side door swing out windows not sealing. Theres no adjustment there you just have to swap out the whole window,frame and all. I am giving the dealer a chance this Thursday though. Maybe if I get lucky and get a tech who knows a trick and cares enough to do it it'll get fixed. If not the 10 bucks amonth for XM radio will easily drown out the slight wind noise.Anyone else????

Runaway Guest

Had the wind noise last winter when in a strong cross wind on PS. Took to dealer and corrected the problem by adjusting the doors. They also did something to the wing window also. It can be corrected. I hate rattles, squeaks, and wind noise!
    Good luck in getting it repaired!

Originally posted by Runaway:
    ..... They also did something to the wing window also. It can be corrected.
    Had this happen in my '97 Z71 Ext. Cab. They pulled the wing window and resealed it. Had to drive around with duct tape holding it in place for a couple days but it worked and never had a problem with it again.
    2003 GMC Sierra D/A 2500HD CC 4x4 Carbon Metallic
    K&N
    285/75R Bridgestone REVO's
    Kennedy 4" Exhaust
    Zaino Polish CB WESTIN STEPS
    MY PICTURES

I have the same type of problem on my 2002 crew cab dually. Dealer would not look at the problem unless I removed the bug/wind deflector off the front. Since that was not going to happen I will have to fix myself. Which I have yet to do.

I found the problem by doing a road test with a friend. We taped everything under the hood and then I put tape between the windsheild and the molding on the PS. Wind noise GONE!

I had to have electrical tape on the front window forever but I also hate to put caulk on it.

Try the tape and see if that fixes your problem. I would be interested to see if it does and what your dealer will do to fix. I have 40k on mine now so I will fix the minor stuff myself or be charged 100 big bucks for a dollar problem.

Please let me know.
    2002 Green Chevy, duramax/allison, crew-cab 3500. Pulling a 36 foot, triple axle, triple slide, Travel Supreme fifth wheel. I run B2 bio-diesel most fillups.<br /> <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/duramaxscott\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/duramaxscott</a> <br /><br />Only mod, soon to install Allison deep pan.

99-08-64-016A JAN 03 Body - Weatherstrip Maintenance This is a TSB I would like to get a look at. Unfortunately you have to subscribe to Alldata to get it.