Thread: Tail gate cable replacement available yet?

Has anyone been contacted about getting their tail gate cables replaced with the new ones?

Thanks,
    Jim Cobler<br />01 GMC Sierra CC 2500HD Short Bed, 2 WD,Duramax/Allison, frame mounted pre-filter, bed fuel tank with a re-circulating pump that draws from the botton of tank through a water separating/filter into other end of tank with return tubes.

Got a letter from GM last spring saying my cables will be replaced in late summer. Have not heard from GM again, but summer is not quite over.
    GMC 2500HD CC short bed,4X4 duramax,pewter, Rhino Line

I bought a pair at the dealers to install a 5th wheel tailgate about 4 weeks ago. I got the new stainless steel cables. I asked them about replacing the ones on my OEM tailgate and they told me the supply is limited and they are replacing broken ones first and will then move on to replacing all the rest. This is from their parts manager who is a good friend of mine so information is reliable.
    2002 2500HD 4X4 D/A CC/SB Schefenaker ttt-mirrors, Pullrite Superglide 16K 5th Wheel Hitch, Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller, Rancho 9000X Shocks, Jayco 285BHSS

I sincerely appreciate the imput. Thank you.
    Jim Cobler<br />01 GMC Sierra CC 2500HD Short Bed, 2 WD,Duramax/Allison, frame mounted pre-filter, bed fuel tank with a re-circulating pump that draws from the botton of tank through a water separating/filter into other end of tank with return tubes.

Or, you can just bypass them altogether and do what a lot of use have done; get a set of these.
    2002 Chevy 2500HD CC SB; Westers PCM; PIAA eXtreme Whites; SUVLights headlight harness; PIAA airdam with PIAA fogs; Undercoated; PowerFlow mudflaps; Warn steps; Jeraco cap; Rhino; \"Green\" keys; 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers; Rancho RS9000x; Amsoil

carco Guest

First thing I did "VRStraps". Very nice, effective. Will put old cables on if recalled and get new stailees cables as spares for ....well something! bob..........