Thread: Mid 80's Suburban Dually!

Anybody ever see one of these? No rear fenders.

Maverick
    2005 GMC 1500 Crew Cab SLT-I know, its a gasser....

There's a pickup running around near me that has the same set-up. Dually, but no fenders. Seems to me there must be adapters on a 14 bolt SRW axle, because I doubt TWO people would narrow a daully axle!

I also saw an Eight door SUB a few years back in Maine . What a ride. I wish I had a picture of it.

Ty
    2003 GMC 2500HD SLE EC SB D/A<br />ts587@yahoo.com

I've seen some trucks like that . It turns out that there are a couple of different length rears for the dually . The chassis-cab is the shortest , with the backing plates just past the springs , then the dually , that has the backing plates about 4-5 inches outside the springs , and finally , I'm told , the ambulance package which is wider still . I haven't seen the ambulance rear to even say that it is fact or rumor .

If you ever look at a Chevy C/K 30 with a dump body on it, the wheels are totally under the body and the dump body is not much wider than the cab. They use the cab/chassis rear that EWC referred to. The wheels/tire will barely stick out past a stock pickup body. I have seen a few pickups set up this way. It looks pretty darn tough on that Suburban.

I have also seen a mid-80's setup with a regular dually rear and dually fenders on it. It looked pretty cool, too. There is a guy near me who had a mid 90's style Suburban setup the same way (with fenders), and he just got rid of it and got one with the new body style, setup the same way. I guess he has a thing for them? In any case, they're all cool looking.

A "pickup" version that was on eBay:
    Cab/Chassis Dually pickup

It's hard to tell, but it looks to me like the front axle on that Suburban is a Dana 60, not a 10-bolt. The ones I have seen use adapters on the front 10-bolt. The D60 swap is nice. That's a pretty cool rig... Thanks for sharing, Maverick!

[ 08-11-2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: 88 K30 ]
    1988 Chevy V30 Crew Cab, 6.2, Banks Turbo, NP205, TH400, 4.10's
    1986 Chevy M1028A1 "Shelter Carrier", 6.2, TH400, NP205, 4.56's
    1986 Chevy M1009 (Blazer) 6.2, TH400, NP208, 3.08's
    1984 Chevy M1009 (Blazer) 6.2, TH400, NP208, 3.08's