Installation of the repainted and modified radiator core support was completed earlier today, then the radiator, hoses, batteries, ATF cooling lines and other miscellaneous items were installed. With a certain degree of anticipation, the engine was ready to see its first ignition cycle by late afternoon.

After completing the Password Learn procedure (about 35 minutes), the engine came to life at 5:00pm. Once the air in the fuel system had worked its way through (a couple minutes of idling), the engine ran smooth and sounded very good for a zero-time engine - even without an exhaust system.

The modified electronic 6.5 APP (accelerator pedal assembly) appears to work just fine. The engine responds to throttle input like you would expect it to. Engine oil pressure reached a typical level of about 75-psi after starting. The oil pressure, voltmeter, engine temperature, and trans temperature gauges appear to work as advertised. I allowed the engine to idle for about 40 minutes, until the engine temperature reached about 160 degrees. I don't currently have a fan on the engine, but I wanted to run it long enough to charge the batteries and check for any fluid leaks (there were none). The heater and vents work great.

Power steering and power brakes both appear to operate as expected. Once the air in the system had worked its way through, I topped of the PS fluid reservoir.

I'll pick up the intercooler tomorrow....

MP