Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TheDieselPage.com's Duramax Power Project

Arrow

Yes, it'll spin harder next time, but 470 is still a great number.

MP

[ 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: More Power ]

Tough Guy Guest

It just goes to show you, if you want it done right you have to do it yourself...

Sorry I let both of my biggest fans down...

Next year, there's always next year...

Cheers

Kennedy Guest

Originally posted by Tough Guy:
    It just goes to show you, if you want it done right you have to do it yourself...

Sorry I let both of my biggest fans down...

Next year, there's always next year...

Cheers
    I knew you'd get out of bed sooner or later...

MP and I discussed it and the next time Elaine and I are in MT we'll all get together and you can buy us all (MP and MJ incl) dinner to make up for it.

[ 04-26-2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Turbo Al Guest

Well let's just call it a "Senior moment" I dug up the Dyno sheet from when my truck was new (5,000 miles) and it was 239.0 RWHP the one just done at BD's (35,000 miles) was 248.8 RWHP so net gain was 10 RWHP on a stock truck.

Uncle Wally Guest

MP,

How much power is lost through the T-Case? Less than 1%? Just curious what a 2wd might do if someone could get it to hook up.

Waldo

Arrow

UW, I had sorta planned early in the game to run in 2WD if the front diff wasn't up to the task. Now, I think it'll hold on as long as the launches don't get too crazy. 2WD would require wide slicks and more launch talent in this short wheelbase truck. 4WD seems a lot easier.

As far as power loss through the txfer case and front diff, it does make a difference - about .2 seconds when running with just a 150 Edge/Att, with quicker times coming in 4WD but higher traps speeds in 2WD. You can read more about it in part I & II of the Truck Trend articles.

I'm still working out some details with the ATS trans and learning more about how everything works together to make power and run quick, but I should know more in a couple of weeks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jim

Red face

Guys,

We're doing a repower project on a boat and would like to use the Duramax Diesels for the power source. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find a wiring harness and ECM to control the motors as independent power units?
    I saw in a search where someone had performed this project on a 26' but I'm unable to locate the owner, any help is aprreciated !!
    Leon Saucier<br />saucielm@bellsouth.net