Thread: D MAX HP & TRQ

Question

WHAT KIND OF HP & TRQ NUMBERS ARE BEING MADE FROM THE LB7? BIG NUMBERS 700HP+?? WITH WHAT COMBO ??

Arrow

John Kennedy's 2002 dyno'ed 725 hp & 1373 tq last September on Edge Products dyno. JK will have to let you in on his secrets.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've heard of some being close to 800 hp....

Jim

BMDMAX Guest

Originally posted by More Power:
    John Kennedy's 2002 dyno'ed 725 hp & 1373 tq last September on Edge Products dyno. JK will have to let you in on his secrets.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've heard of some being close to 800 hp....

Jim
    Reckon this is close enough?

We had a run go 835 on my truck that day too.

THATS IMPRESIVE NUMBERS. IT SOUNDS LIKE JOHN K KNOWS HIS STUFF. HAS ANY ONE MADE INTERAL MODS SUCH AS CAM, PISTONS HEAD WORK??

BMDMAX Guest

Aftermarket cams are just now coming available for the Duramax. No heads or pistons are really available yet but there are several companies with some skunk work projects going on.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. WHO IS MAKEING THE CAM & HOW CAN I GET ONE?

BMDMAX Guest

http://www.compcams.com/information/...ID=-1783812385

I don't know of anyone that has verified any results or even is running one yet.

madmatt Guest

Hey BMDMAX have you studded your heads down yet? We were making BIG noumbers w/ our 02' till it started pukin' pistons. Have you experienced any catastrophic engine failures?

BMDMAX Guest

Originally posted by madmatt:
    Hey BMDMAX have you studded your heads down yet? We were making BIG noumbers w/ our 02' till it started pukin' pistons. Have you experienced any catastrophic engine failures?
    Nope, no studs and no failures. Hopefully I will stay lucky and keep it that way.

hey bmd, what are those controls on your steering wheel next to the center pad? radio? how did you do that if it is?

BMDMAX Guest

Originally posted by cass:
    hey bmd, what are those controls on your steering wheel next to the center pad? radio? how did you do that if it is?
    Those are the steering wheel audio controls off of the Escalade. It is pretty much a direct hookup to add them.

I got the kit to do it at jpcustoms.com.

Tough Guy Guest

Thats impressive Brandon !!

Kennedy Guest

We should be pushing Brandon's LLY HP and TQ numbers up a bit next weekend!

Jim Brzozowski Guest

Hey John, if you'd move your shop to Texas, Brandon wouldn't have to drive so far. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to get you to set up my shop.