Thread: Where to Mount Brake Controller

CareyWeber Guest

Where did you mount your trailer brake controller in your 1995-2000 GM fullsize truck?

I have throught about making it removeable and mounting it to my pull out cup holder, so that when not in use it could be kept in the glove box.

I do not want to drill holes in my dash.

I also think it should be where I can reach it to manually appy the trailer brakes.

Any have pictures.

ps I did look at Howie's site

Carey

Keep in mind you that controller mounted were you and or a passenger can get to the manual button and were it will support a panic application. If the trailer goes into oscellation you will need that manual button close at hand.
    1997 Chevy 2500 4x4, Intercooler, BD Computer, BD Exhaust Brake, BD Torque Lock, Propane Assisted from Trailer, Remote trans cooler, and More on my page http://mysite.verizon.net/vze54tx9
    My other project.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze54tx9/kayak

CareyWeber Guest

Howie,

The panic situation is the reason I don't want to mount it down low on the dash.

I was look around for pics of mounting pic and on the Ford F-150 site I saw one mounted to the left of the driver and at the very bottom of the dash where it can't be reached at all.

I also thought about making a bracket that mounted to the floor that would postion the controller just to the right of the drivers right leg and just above the seating surface.

Carey

Kidd Guest

Mounted my controller on my 98 just to the right of the steering column.. out of the way, but I can hit the button in a hurry if necessary.

K.D.

CareyWeber Guest

KD,

Did you drill holes in the dash panel?

Is yours removable?

I don't want holes in my dash, and I'd like the controller to be removeable.

Carey

I have my brake controller mounted to the lower right of my steering wheel about knee height, near the console of my truck. it works well their I have no problems reaching the controller for oh **** stops. I used automotive double sided tape to adhere it to the dash piece I just had to pull it off the other day to turn my truck into the dealership and their was just a little residue left to clean up. all I had to use was this stuff called Goo Gone. I can get pics if you want when I put it in my new truck on Tuesday. just leave me you email address. Kevin.................
    04 (NOT LLY) GMC 3500 CC/LB/DW 4x4<br />1993 3500 RC/LB/SW 6.5