Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Contest!!

Arrow

TheDieselPage.com Photo Contest!!

To enter, post a picture of your RV, 5th-wheel or travel-trailer (with tow vehicle in pic) along with any description you would like included.

The photo contest will run through December. Please visit the following link for more information about adding images to posts, or let me know if you would like help in posting your pic/info.

UBB Code Page

The winner can select his/her choice of a TDP book, TDP hat, TDP T-shirt, or a membership subscription/renewal.

[ 11-20-2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: More Power ]

Sounds great, I think this will be fun for all. Seeing all the different trailers, pulled by different GM rigs. Lets get the photo's out, or the cameras. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Tom McCauley (DP Member #513)
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

The Airstream is 34'and 11" long and with the Hensley on it is long as picture shows but it handles like a dream. No sway or fish tailing, no white nuckle driving, don't know that big trucks or busses are passing until they go by.
    Ned

[ 11-24-2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]
    Chev-2003 Duramax/Allison 2500HD LS Ex Cab SB Leather seats fog lamps,fog lamps,Westin Crome Tube steps, 50gal aux tank, Jordan brake controler

Inspector Guest

Ned:
    Very nice.

Howie eat your heart out.

Denny

Ned, Wow what a nice rig.
    Inspector, Howies in SC for two weeks (can't eat his heart out till December )
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

Ned. Great rig! Would be interested in your fuel set-up. Do you have a filter into the main lines, or pump into the tank?

Question

Are trailers other than RV type trailers allowed in the photo contest? I use my pickup to pull a car trailer and was wondering if it is allowed in the contest. Thanks.

This is a first time scanning 35mm film, you may find it is edited several times. So here goes.

Well I definitely have to clean these up. I'm going to scan the prints instead of negatives.

the pictures scanned from the negatives are extremely grainy, It would seem that digital cameras win hands down when it comes to posting on the internet.

The best part of trailering is you meet so many people, the places you see are only secondary.

I think were lost????

We are a few miles north east of Helena GA. heading home.

You cant see it but there is a 4' alligator sleeping under the trailer, my better half refused to have her photo taken with it, I think it was the gators teeth that she had the problem with. (23 miles east of Punta Gorda)

[ 12-03-2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: letsgo ]
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)

Not a great picture but this is was an awesome spot in Beverly Beach State Park in Oregon!!!

A 28 foot Okanagan fiver with the Alberta Duramax....
    01 GMC 2500HD LB7/Allison Ext Cab LWB
    Alberta Plate "Duramax"
    Member # 2191

To DMAX FOXFIRE
    In reply to your question about my fuel set-up. I have a Heavy Duty Fill-Rite transfer pump with a Filter, hose and nozzle. I like this set-up better than my last one which was connected to my return fuel line; I foregot too turn off the valve and ran out of diesel. This way when we stop at a rest stop I take a few minites to fill my fuel tank and I am set. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Ned
    Chev-2003 Duramax/Allison 2500HD LS Ex Cab SB Leather seats fog lamps,fog lamps,Westin Crome Tube steps, 50gal aux tank, Jordan brake controler

Ned; I noted the Hensely hitch on your airstream, can you sware on your diesel engine that it is worth the money?

[ 12-05-2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Crashwesson ]

Crashwesson; I don't have to swear on my diesel engine; its worth the cost for my safety and my family including the driving public I meet. I have pulled 5th wheels and used numerous other hitches and I will pay the difference on a Hensley Arrow hitch for myself anytime.
    Ned

Thank You Ned for your reply. I would like to have a Set-up to filter through a 2 micron filter into the main tank. What size filder do you use? Again, thanks for any info. My address is wgainey@ec.rr.com .

Our Rolling-Home at Yellowstone Lake
    As fulltime RVers, we enjoy the freedom to be where we want, when we want. Tough life!
    Our HD pulls our 36' 15,000 lb "wheel estate" with ease, and helps keep life on the road enjoyable!

[ 12-07-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: stolley ]
    2001 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LT Ext-cab, LB, Duramax/Allison

Ready to leave for South Carolina.

Under the Tetons (in the clouds), Jackson, WY

[ 12-10-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: CntrlCalDmax ]
    01 2500 D/A 4X4 EC SB<br />Xmonitor, High Idle & OD Lock-out, Hot Juiced<br />Prodigy, Bilsteins, TransferFlow Tank/tool box, <br />Kennedy 4\", BD Exhaust Brake, Velvet Rides, Sidewinder Step<br />Amsoil air filter, Fumoto, Delvac 1, Transynd, GM grape juice, Mobil 1<br />JK Secondary Mega 2 mic Filter and Stanadyne Lift Pump with 5 mic Filter<br /><a href=\"http://www.corpair.com/dmax/dmax.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Pictures</a>

Here is a pic of our truck towing our ~10,000lb 5er and a friends 18ft ~4,000lb boat. Towed it a few times down to Pueblo with great success.

[ 12-16-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 CC SLT D/A, fully loaded!!<br />Upgrade\'s so far:<br />265x75 R16 Pathfinder ATR\'s, Westin CPS Nerf Bars, GM Mud Flaps, 3M Clear Bra, Line-X, Reese 20K Hitch, Prodigy Controller<p><a href=\"http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=97210\" target=\"_blank\"> My Truck</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=93738\" target=\"_blank\">Our Fifth Wheel</a>

Here are some pictures of my 95 GMC Suburban and our Holiday Rambler 32FKD travel trailer. Using the Pullrite 20,000lb hitch, note the pivot point is just behind the rear axle, not behind the bumper. This prevents sway from wind, trucks and emergency maneuvers on the highway, tows like a 5th wheel.

This combination weighs in at 18,200lbs, and yes the 6.5 knows there is something behind her.

[ 12-28-2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: tanker ]

2002 D/A towing my 2003 KZ UltraVision 3453Px3

Trailer is 35 feet long, has three slides and weighs in at 13,000 lbs loaded.

At the campsite ready to depart.....

Enjoy,
    Jim<br /><br />Silver Grey 2008 Silverado, LTZ,CC,4x4,dually, D/A, Fumoto, Rhino Liner, Garmin Nuvi 660, Edge Juice
    2007 Mobile Suites Deluxe 5th Wheel RV

And the winner is......???
    2001 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LT Ext-cab, LB, Duramax/Allison

Inspector Guest

Thumbs up

Tanker:
    Just got a look at your new rig. That is really nice. I bet you are really going to enjoy the room.
    Denny