Thread: Veterans Day!

Arrow

Hats off to all who serve or have served! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jim

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

That includes a big THANX! to More Power, who sailed on aircraft carriers, out of Mayport FL, while in the Navy.

Dr. Lee

CleviteKid Guest

Thumbs up

PS: If you go to GOOGLE MAPS , type in

Mayport,FL

and then start zooming in, you can get a nice satellite view of a flat-top at the pier.

Dr. Lee

Thank you, More Power. I served on the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) for a few years out of Alameda, CA and Everett, WA. Good times....bad times....mostly good. Thanks again, Jim.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)

Arrow

JS, I had the distinction of serving aboard the final deployments for two A/C carriers before their retirement - CVA-38 & CVA 45, the Oriskany and the FDR. Back to back cruises (West Pac & Med) in the mid 70's. I was attached to attack squadron VA-215 (A7 A/B/E Corsairs) as an Intermediate Maintenance Radar/weapons delivery/nav systems bench level tech. USN 1973-79.

This image was taken as we were pulling away from the pier in Mayport Florida in October of 1976, on our way to the Med. Don't open this link if a little mild female nudity offends.... She was a cocktail waitress who was there to wish her friends a Bon Voyage....

Jim

[ 11-15-2005, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]

moondoggie Guest

Good Day!

I work with three who also served, & it was a distinct honor to thank them last Friday. To all members who also served: THANKS!

Blessings!

LanduytG Guest

USS Ranger CV-61 March 1981 - May 1986. 3 and half West Pac's and a total of over 3 years at sea. Loved it but not enough to re-up.

Greg

USN "Seabees" 1966 through 1969. Heavy Equipment Operater. Only land sailor here I guess. Spent one Year in DaNang, listening to you guys keeping us awake Middle son is in Navy now trying for the Seal program. He already passed the physical to qualify, and is in school now and going to "Buds" before long. It will be nice to have him back in California, where we can visit him. Terry
    2004 G.M.C. LLY CC D/A sb 4wd Summit White, ATS Duals, BD X-monitor, BD Exhaust Brake, Snugtop shell, 45 gal. Transferflow fuel tank, AFE stage II
    2004 TDI Jetta GLS S/W
    2005 TDI Passat GLS S/W
    2020 GMC Denali 2500HD

Thumbs up

And my thanks to those who serve - past, present, and future!

Dave
    2005 Silverado 2500HD CC LS Duramax/Allison