Thread: Cyl Head Pre Cups

Does anyone know where I can get pre cups for a 1982 6.2L? The ones in mine are stainless steel, I think... pretty shiny compaired to the cyl head metal.. I have one that is cracked almost to the fire ring mark that the head gasket wire makes. The local parts houses are a big -0- in that dept. In fact a couple of the "kids" that work in one of them look at me like I'm from "what planet?" when I ask for 6.2 stuff
    Scott K<br /><br />\'79 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Dually from Arizona, Resto Project with conversion from 7mpg 454 to \'82 6.2 J. Pulling fact SM465, NP205, 4.56 cogs, Dana60 frnt, Dana70HD rear. Looking for good used turbo and OD

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

Any of our vendors want to sell parts to this member? Post your offer HERE ! ! !

Dr. Lee

Thanks for the try Dr. Lee [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I called DD (Avant) and talked to Benny. He had me look for small dots on the face of the pre chamber... I told him there were none... He did some checking and found that the earliest 6.2 engine pre chambers had no identifying marks and were made of a stainless steel alloy. He sent me one friday and I should have it today!!! Yippie! maybe I can finish the engine this week
    Scott K<br /><br />\'79 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Dually from Arizona, Resto Project with conversion from 7mpg 454 to \'82 6.2 J. Pulling fact SM465, NP205, 4.56 cogs, Dana60 frnt, Dana70HD rear. Looking for good used turbo and OD

CleviteKid Guest

Thumbs up

Thanx, Benny.

We have a good collection of vendors and advertisers supporting TheDieselPage.com and our Members. They don't get thanked as often as they deserve.

Dr. Lee