Thread: 94' 3500 w/5521 pump

I have been troubleshooting my IP with a Tech 1A and have been getting not so good results.
    My first read showed a TDC offset of -1.57.
    After a TDC learn it showed -2.00 and set a code 88. I adjusted the IP to the drivers side and now I read a TDC ofset of 0.00 and codes 34 (stepper motor) and 88. I have tried the TDC offset learn several times and still come up with 0.00 and the same two codes.
    I have heard that a Tech 1A may not work with a 94 truck with an updated 5521 pump.
    I have a rebuilt JK pump ready to install, but am not sure if my Tech 1A will work with it?

Thanks,
    Gerry
    94 K3500 Dually 4x4, Avant 18:1, Girdled, ceramic coat pistons, Phaser gear drive, 98 cooling mods, PMD cooler, JK chip, JK 4" exhaust, Gauges

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

Dr. Lee is an old geezer with his head stuck back in pre-historic non-computer truck days. He is not even sure of the terms you are using. So he is out to lunch on this topic. Try posting it in the 6.5LTD forum for the real experts to answer. And since you bought your RPL pump from John Kennedy, give him a phone call. He knows what he is talking about and will steer you straight.

The Clevite Kid

Thanks, I moved the message to the 6.5 forum.
    Sometimes I wish I had a pre 94 truck. A lot less headaches.
    94 K3500 Dually 4x4, Avant 18:1, Girdled, ceramic coat pistons, Phaser gear drive, 98 cooling mods, PMD cooler, JK chip, JK 4" exhaust, Gauges