Thread: 6.2/6.5 Repair Manual

Dr.
    Does the repair manual offered on this website for the 6.2/6.5 show how to disassemble the IP. For example, removing the fuel solenoid? Also does it explain how to setup the IP after a replacement? Thanks.
    97 Suburban 2500 4x4, Kennedy Exhaust,

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

Taking apart a DB-2 pump and then trying to put it back together properly is not for the faint of heart, or the uniformed. There are no instructions for rebuilding the IP.

Anything that can be done from the top cover is fair game, including, I would think, the solenoid in the top cover. That is also one way in (and the only way if the pump is on an engine) to turn up the fuel delivery screw.

My copy of the R&R manual is at my office - I will look at it tomorrow and tell you how much IP info is in it, if someone else does not do so before me.

Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee,
    Thanks for the feedback. After more discussion with others, the fuel delivery solenoid (rear of IP) on the IP cannot be serviced, only the fuel shut-off solenoid (front of IP).

I am curious if the manual shows how to remove and replace the IP and then set it up. Does it list required tools (i.e. scan tool)? Thanks for your help.
    97 Suburban 2500 4x4, Kennedy Exhaust,

CleviteKid Guest

Arrow

Sounds like you are asking about the electronic DS-4 pump, not the mechanical DB-2.

I am very close to totally ignorant about the computer-controlled generation of trucks. My 1984 is completely independent of computer chips, except for those in the radio.

Dr. Lee