Thread: Replacement Engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm looking at both Peninsular and Avant engines.I called Peninsular and received a price over the phone,they were very helpful.I called Avant and talked to Jamie and I'm still waiting on a price.I need to have the engine installed because of a accident I was involved in and I can't do it myself so I was leaning more towards Avant.The so called mechanics in my area scare me.The search I did on the forum had so good information on both companies, but has any thing changed that I should know about?
    I want as much power and protection as I can get and still use my electronic pump.The engine tows good that I have now but the egt can get up to 1200 very quickly and I need to back out of it while towing in the Rockies and also I would like to keep up with this stock Ford I camp with.I run about 12lbs. of boost w/Bill H. boost controler and Kennedy high pop injectors.
    Any suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks
    Gary C<br />1996 3500 2wh.dr.,auto,<br />Banks exhaust,Turbo Tech intercooler,D-Celerator Exhaust Brake,Bilstein Shocks,Mag-Hytec Diff.Cover,K&N Filter,Cooling Upgrades,Computer Reprogramed,BD Torque Lock,BD Trans. Cooler W/Fan,Perma-Cool Oil Cooler W/Fan,FSD Cooler,All Gauges and Tow 10000lbs.Phazer gear drive,Gear Vendors,powershot 2000 propane injection.Alcoas classics

Thumbs up

Avant was and is my choice!! Benny & Jaime are the best!! I had them put the sleeves in my 6.2 heads, new head gaskets, timing gear drive , water pump and non-egr intake. Plus, Benny diagnosed a really difficult problem I had that we couldn't figure out. It turned out my frame was cracked behind the steering box which caused a sound that was like an exaggerated diesel rattle. So when I pulled the engine to fix the frame they did my engine work! It has run perfect since and I really like the sound of the gear drive!!

I also sent my buddy with a E350 Furd van and they did him real right too, so it ain't just the 6.2/5's it them!! People are everything!!
    <a href=\"mailto:2DAMAX@attglobal.net\">2DAMAX@attglo bal.net</a> <br /><br />03 Silverado 2500HD CC SB 4X4 D/A Extang Roll-Top Low Profile Tonneau, CAT 1R-0749 Filter Pre-OEM, H2\'s/315\'s<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/dmax_2_da_max\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/dmax_2_da_max</a> <br />85 Silverado SWB 6.2L<br />62 Impala 327/365hp

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply DMAX.It looks like Avant is the place I will have the work done.
    Gary C<br />1996 3500 2wh.dr.,auto,<br />Banks exhaust,Turbo Tech intercooler,D-Celerator Exhaust Brake,Bilstein Shocks,Mag-Hytec Diff.Cover,K&N Filter,Cooling Upgrades,Computer Reprogramed,BD Torque Lock,BD Trans. Cooler W/Fan,Perma-Cool Oil Cooler W/Fan,FSD Cooler,All Gauges and Tow 10000lbs.Phazer gear drive,Gear Vendors,powershot 2000 propane injection.Alcoas classics