Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October 11, 2003 Be there, Michigan

Thought about breakfast sunday morning with all who spend the nite
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

Hey Eric I'm looking to come but being that's a holiday weekend here in Canada I'll lose important parts of my anatomy if I don
    2002 Chev 2500HD, D-Max/Alli, X-Cab Short Box, LT, Black/Graphite, Hot Juice from JK, Back Country steps, Michelin LTX. Not sure if its a mid-life crisis or second childhood but it sure is fun.

[quote]Originally posted by WillowCreekStable:
    [b] Hey Eric I'm looking to come but being that's a holiday weekend here in Canada I'll lose important parts of my anatomy if I don

Spoke with Discount tire, they are gonna setup a booth and offer some tire/rim specials. They will have a few sets mounted so you can see first hand what they look like instead of looking at pics. They are located right next door so it will be convienient to check out there other offerings as well
    Eric

Is pre-registration required or are walk-ins welcome?
    I want to make it, but can't give a firm commitment.
    Black 2018 Chevrolet High Country 2500HD

It is open for all, walk ins are more then welcome. We look forward to seeing all that can attend

Talking

Discount tires sounds great. I have been thinking about new tires anyway. I hope thay have what I want. I am even thinking about asking Kennedy to bring me a 5" exhaust system, but I may just wait and drive to his shop to check it out, after the dyno is ready of course, hehehehe. I hope I can get on the dyno at the GTG with my weak truck and find a place to park. I will also be attending the drag race in WI the week before, but I don't think my 14.80's will hold up. John, will you be attending that race at Great Lakes Dragaway??

Looking forward to the GTG.

Jason A.
    69 Chevy C-10 P/U, Supercharged 355cid, 1.66 60\' 12.25@106<br />68 Firebird, 355cid 12.50@107<br />2002 GMC 4x4 2500HD SLT D/A Ext.cab/short bed Polo Green, Arma Lined<br /><br />16.32@81 K&N <br />14.84@89.8 w/ Cold Juice(4wd)<br />14.78@92.5 w/ Cold Juice(2wd)Union Grove

Jason, mike tomac was thinking of getting togather with all who are there on Fri night and heading to drag strip for some testntune, its only about 1/2 hour from event site, Might be something to consider...

Thumbs up

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I am thinking I should drive there Friday afternoon to avoid some of the traffic around the Chicago area anyway. I will have to go back thru your post on the hotel in the area that you suggested. Keep us posted if its a go with Mike, and/or anything else.

Thanks,

Jason
    69 Chevy C-10 P/U, Supercharged 355cid, 1.66 60\' 12.25@106<br />68 Firebird, 355cid 12.50@107<br />2002 GMC 4x4 2500HD SLT D/A Ext.cab/short bed Polo Green, Arma Lined<br /><br />16.32@81 K&N <br />14.84@89.8 w/ Cold Juice(4wd)<br />14.78@92.5 w/ Cold Juice(2wd)Union Grove

Its getting closer!! Just a little over 2 weeks away! Have you all made plans to attend? Got your room reserved?

YZF1R Guest

Yep!

Steve

Kennedy Guest

So long as my shop/dyno project doesn't need babysat...

mtomac Guest

US131 Motorsports Park in Martin is closed in Oct and Mid Michigan Motorplex in Stanton only has T-N-T on Wed & Sunday in Oct. If anyone is interested we could head up there on Sunday the 12th the day after Diesel Day. They have T-N-T from 10am-4pm. $15 to race, $8 to watch. If anyone is interested let me know.

dmaxalliTech,

Any suggestions how to get there from here?
    For all the people coming up through Chicago on 94, at Benton Harbor, should we :

go north on 196 to highway 11 in Grand Rapids,
    or
    go east on 94 to Kalamazoo, then north on 131 to highway 11 in Grand Rapids.

I'm looking to avoid heavy traffic, and realize going a longer distance could be quicker. It's hard to tell by looking at a map.
    Thanks for any input.
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

Ok guys, Just a recap of everything planned. We have a Dyno coming from Diesel Performance Motorsports. David Dunbar is one of the high ups with the DHRA and he is operating the dyno. He is bringing some DHRA merchandise. We also have GHI, a local accessory company that has outfitted one of our trucks with a vast array of bolt ons. Scheaffer oil company will be represented by Jim Clark, a local distributer. He has donated 30 gallons of their premium diesel oil so some will be getting free oil changes. He will also be demonstrating his other products as well. Discount tire has agreed to set up some tire/wheel packages to give an idea whats avail first hand for our trucks and you can touch them instead of looking at pics on the internet. Holland Snowplow and supply will be in with some plow stuff, they are also a Line-x installer. There will be a first class paintless dent removal guy on hand to assist you with your imperfections. Henderson Glass will be on hand doing stone chip repairs. John Kennedy is scheduled to come and show off a vast array of power adders and what not. His attendence at this point is up in the air due to his dyno project. So far, looks like a good selection of prizes for the drawings.. A complete deep pan kit including Transynd, oil filters, fuel filters, Gauge kits, complete vehicle details, service work, including oil changes, fuel filter changes, and other maint. Also will have grape juice w/ vent cap, and lots of accessories for your truck.. Other venders on hand may donate some that we dont know of yet.. It is VERY possible that a juice/attitude combo will make its way to the prize table!

The food arrangment is also nearly complete. Morning will include krispy cream donuts, coffee and hot chocolate. Lunch will be pig, hot dogs, potato salad and more.. Water and soda pop to drink. Once dark hits, its hard to run the dyno, so we plan to get the dyno fired up and run it till dark and maybe stop for a brief time in the mid afternoon to do the prize drawings. After dark, I invite all to stay and join us at BW3's, a sports bar/resturant just 1/2 mile down the road. I would really enjoy getting to talk to all of you on an individual basis!
    If anybody has any suggestions or ideas that might help make the event fun for everyone, please dont hesitate to let me know. I want to make sure that the party in Montana gets a run for its money!( No offense MP, just trying to match your good attendence record and loyalty [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Dont forget to contact the Sleep Inn asap if still needing lodging.

616-975-9000 I have set aside a few more rooms so there are some available for last minute folks

Thanks a million to all who plan to attend

Eric

Originally posted by Modified:
    dmaxalliTech,

Any suggestions how to get there from here?
    For all the people coming up through Chicago on 94, at Benton Harbor, should we :

go north on 196 to highway 11 in Grand Rapids,
    or
    go east on 94 to Kalamazoo, then north on 131 to highway 11 in Grand Rapids.

I'm looking to avoid heavy traffic, and realize going a longer distance could be quicker. It's hard to tell by looking at a map.
    Thanks for any input.
    Tough call but would depend on time of day your coming through.. Generally 196 would be quicker then 131. Both highways have construction on them but If I am not mistaken, 196 will be shut down for a short distance and a detour must be taken through Hudsonville. Of course they have to do this on our weekend! 131 has been undergoing constuction for what seems like forever just south of GR, but both lanes are usually open on the weekends..traffic can be very thick on Friday night on 131 when you get into town. I dont think that 196 will be closed until sat/sun. If you come Fri, come up 196, if sat, 131.

This was the first diesel event I have ever attended. Really enjoyed meeting several of the members from here face to face. Met a lot of genuine, good people. Saw alot of awesome looking trucks. Wish mine had some of the accessories I saw.

Eric, thank you for putting on an awesome event for us.
    2001 2500HD LT E/C, SB Duramax/Allison, Roll-n-Lock, Bed Rug, Tech Tubes, 16K Reese, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, Valentine One, Schefenakcer TTT mirrors, Cobra CB, SoMnDmax CB bracket in stainless steel, head gaskets by Dmaxallitech

Ditto!! It was a great time. I wish I could have seen everyones truck up close.

Hey Jermck....how'd my exhuast sound under that railroad tressel?? What?? Huh?? I could see you grinning in my mirrors.
    Maverick
    2005 GMC 1500 Crew Cab SLT-I know, its a gasser....

Well, I want to thank each and every one of you personally for coming. Thanks to JK for coming and setting up some stuff for us, It was a pleasure to meet you in person. A good guy all around. Fun to joke with somebody you never met!! I hope to get over your way someday soon!

I suppose the day went off pretty good. I will just have to remember to not let Tomac line up on the dyno first! The burn out show helped alittle but not enough room for a good one. I hope everybody enjoyed them selves and I hope you will all come back next time. We meet tomarrow morning to start plans on the next event. This way everything is fresh in our minds. Please make comments on what you would like to see different or what you liked as we will use them when planning for next spring. We will be much more organized then, I promise! Hopefully those of you that got some pics can post/link them as I personally didnt get any, way too busy. I hope I got to meet all of you that were there, I have to be honest, I cant remember everyone but had lots of good conversations. We truly are a special group of people brought togather by soot!!

Thanks a million to all!!
    Eric

I had a great time Eric. Thanks to you and the dealership for putting this on. I know it was expensive, but I appreciated it and will be back. It is too bad the dyno broke, but some things one has no control over. I have to admit, I felt like I was running around naked, since I was bone stock and 2 WD, but you all talked to me anyway. Next spring I'm confident I'll have a box for a little more power for towing. Great bunch of guys and enjoyed talking to you all.
    Thanks again,
    Tom
    Black 2018 Chevrolet High Country 2500HD