Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K&S Fuel Injection Dyno Day and Open House

Runaway Guest

Smile

Ok, its official. After bouncing dates back and forth and such the date is set and carved in rock.

MAY 22, 2004 8AM - 5PM
    K&S Fuel Injection Dyno Day and Open House.
    6007 Municipal St
    Schofield, WI 54476
    Ph: 800.535.0172
    www.ksfuel.com
    POC: Jason Maki

The event is open to Diesel and Gas Powered Pickup trucks. They are set up to run 40 rigs that day. What this means is you run what you bring. You won't be able to play with different boxes/settings. Your time on the Dyno is sponsored by WyoTech www.wyotech.com Prizes for top HP, maybe torque also of they can get the programming setup in time.

BD Power is scheduled to be here, unsure if they will bring their trucks.

Also tenetive is Gale Banks of Banks products - still unconfirmed.

Mike Ryan and one of his race trucks. He race's Century Class Freightliners. 12 - 13 minute runs in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, and 256mph+ on the Bonniville Salt Flat. Still waiting confimation from him

Lunch provided.

More details as they become more solid.

Campgrounds are in the area. If enough people are interested in this we could more than likely block some spaces off.

GOOD LORD! That's allotta goings on at that place. This might be something to see.
    \'99 2500 ISB QC SLT (No Leather!),4x4,5sp w/McLeod,4:10,BP8x11\'s,B-1,FMS,EZ,PE4200,LPG,H2O/CH4O,4\"exh.,Pac-Brake,OBA,more switches than you,Line-X,V-1,lts,siren,lic. plt. frm says \"<b><i>Diesel Fumes Make Me Horny!</i></b>\",and much more goofy stuff.

Kennedy Guest

Breakfast at Dennys how about 7am-ish???

Runaway Guest

Sure I'm game for breakfast. I should be able to setup the day before so sure BREAKFAST at 7ish!

Doesn't look like much interest here or at the Ford site. The Dodge site is lit up like a Christmas tree about this event. It's early though.

Kennedy Guest

I hear the buzz is pretty good on the Picnic Table site.

Jason was supposed to dyno a V8 powered picnic table last I heard...

Runaway Guest

Cool

Yeah, I saw the pictures. It is a real picnic table with a Chevy smallblock. Think it dyno'd at 183 rwhp if I heard right.

breakfast at dennys sounds good it will be good to see some new faces
    2002 GMC 2500HD Dmax 6 speed Reg Cab
    www.kennedydiesel.com

Runaway Guest

Couple of updates here...

Mike Ryans race schedule interferes with the event so his race trucks (Century Class Freightliners) won't be here on display.

The Banks folks are non-commital - just not a big enough event yet to spark their interests.

Everything else is on track...

Cool

Originally posted by Runaway:
    ...The Banks folks are non-commital - just not a big enough event yet to spark their interests...
    Or it's like I said on the TDR, maybe their afraid of getting their arse KICKED! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    \'99 2500 ISB QC SLT (No Leather!),4x4,5sp w/McLeod,4:10,BP8x11\'s,B-1,FMS,EZ,PE4200,LPG,H2O/CH4O,4\"exh.,Pac-Brake,OBA,more switches than you,Line-X,V-1,lts,siren,lic. plt. frm says \"<b><i>Diesel Fumes Make Me Horny!</i></b>\",and much more goofy stuff.

Kennedy Guest

Well, we tested/refined their hold down system a bit and it looks like it should do pretty darn good. Still could use a knurled surface on the rollers, but Mustang isn't ready yet.

My tires got pretty hot, but that won't be a problem on the day as they should have fan cooling, and trucks will not be making repetitive runs like we did in testing...

[ 05-06-2004, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Runaway Guest

Well - a week to go and it looks like the Dodge boys are going to have the biggest showing. Who's all going???

I'm gonna have to put in some serious overtime on my truck to have it ready for this weekend.
    It went down and I'm hoping that there isn't a run on parts for it.

Either way, I will be there. Even if only in my neighbor's truck.

Kennedy Guest

Good old bomb proof Cummins!

Hey, I'm thinking we may need to do a breakfast call, and possibly move time to 6:45. If we have enough coming, I'll look at getting a big table reserved.

Mmmmmmmm Breakfast Dagwood...

If you're starting a breakfast list, count me in. I'm shoot'n to be at Denny's at 6:30-6:45.
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

So far, so good. Got the engine buttoned back up. It should be running tonight. IF not tomorrow night. I may not have time to set the wastegate properly, so I may be down a little on power. I certainly won't have my water injection done by then. But I will be there in my truck.

I will try to catch you guys for breakfast. Where's this Denny's again?

BTW, John, there's no need to kick a guy in the seeds when his truck is down.

POS Lift Pump, VP44, Tone Wheel, ECM, non-existant valveguides.

Kennedy Guest

Arrow

I will have LLY module(s) on hand for use on the dyno for this event...

I'll also have a pretty good selection of Edge/Quad/Van Aaken stuff for the LB7 as well as some of the Ford/Dodge stuff.

Kennedy Guest

Dennys is off of 51 (I39) at Cedar Creek. Right by Wausau Homes/Foremost/Weston power plant(Big stack)/Gander Mountain/Wausau HD

If you need another lift pump, lemme know. I also have some hose barb fittings so a quick splice is easy!

Amianthus:
    POS Lift Pump??? I installed the PE4100 in my DMax.
    What problems do you have?
    I have a Seal/O-ring Kit and one motor bearing if you need them. Let me know.
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

Well, let's just say I'm having major problems with my truck right now. And the lift pump isn't helping right now. I'll fill you in on more of the gore on Saturday when I see you.

John bring the extra pump, just in case. We'll probably need to splice it in.

I'll try my best to see you guys at breakfast. See ya tomorrow.

Aron

Runaway Guest

Smile

Rain or shine, we are set to make some "smoke!" K&S has a very large pavilion tent up just in case!

"IF THE SMOKES NOT BLACK, TAKE IT BACK!

John,

Will try and make breakfast, been a long day today and need some shuteye! Will see how I feel in the AM!

Vince