Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K&S Fuel Injection Dyno Day and Open House

Kennedy Guest

Hey, it was a great time! Thanks to all who busted their asses to make things go VERY smoothly.

Curt ran the trucks in/out, and conducted testing.

Keith crawled under most of the 50 or so trucks to strap and unstrap!

"Vanna" kept the board updated right to the minute.

Mike, Jason, and Ken, and Ron were all over the place.

Must've been a half dozen other "seasonal" helpers that I don't have names for.

Between K&S and Vince/Wyotech, I'd say this year's event was a BIG success!

I left with the top prize and 2 armfuls of goodies. $150 KS gift cert, BD jacket, Wyotech: jacket, fender covers, cap, mug, key chain.

PS. for those in attendance, I seriously doubt I can acheive anywhere near that level of excellent service/planning for my event...

Question

John,
    You said you took Top spot but you left out the numbers!!! What's with that? Fill us in man!
    Dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Cool

It's too bad my truck was broken. I really wanted that Key Chain

I don't think I coulda beat JK with the setup he had. Maybe fuel alone, but not with drugs (that I don't have). Congrats to JK for his decisive win. 532 HP. Although, I think that number is ultra-conservative.

BTW JK, what was your truck doing at the end of the run? Did you hit the rev limit? Is that what that was? Or was it something else? Just curious.

Of the top 10, six were Dmax, one Ford, and three Cummins. The rig I brought came in at 13th. Right in the middle of the Dmaxs. As it was said on the TDR, it's stupid how easy it is to make big power with the Dmax.

It was good to see all the usual suspects there. Maverick, JK, and a whole host of others. I hope to see you guys at the next one. Maybe my truck won't be broken.
    \'99 2500 ISB QC SLT (No Leather!),4x4,5sp w/McLeod,4:10,BP8x11\'s,B-1,FMS,EZ,PE4200,LPG,H2O/CH4O,4\"exh.,Pac-Brake,OBA,more switches than you,Line-X,V-1,lts,siren,lic. plt. frm says \"<b><i>Diesel Fumes Make Me Horny!</i></b>\",and much more goofy stuff.

Kennedy Guest

First run of record was 484. That same combo yielded 480 on my dyno Friday. The straps were redone, and it went 472, so I think we lost some grip.

Top run was 532. That setup yielded an easy 620 on my dyno Friday. The "bobble" was the rev limit as the vehicle speed hit the end of the test before the Mustang did as the tire slip allowed it to lag behind...

Runaway Guest

Finally slowed down enough to look at the forums. Had a great turn out even though with the threat of rain. Looks like GM dominated the event with the big numbers. Dodge boys put up some good numbers and the Ford boys put some good numbers on the board this year. One 6.0 @ 390ish. Had 4 gas jobs run, one being a "Hemi" which put down 189 rwhp. Though this was alittle low for what that "Hemi" is hyped to be? Congrats John Kennedy and Mark Huckstorf for the big numbers of the day. Don't have the exact numbers for Mark and John was 532 rwhp.
    The HS students/WyoTech enrolles were impressed as well. Most comments were "I didn't know diesels could do that!"

As usual, K&S put on a great show and I am happy that WyoTech could be part of it.

[ 05-27-2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Runaway ]