Thread: Exhaust upgrade

Default Exhaust upgrade

Does everyone run their large performance exhaust over the axle and out the back ?

Or has anyone chosen a shorter path and exited from under the truck in front of the rear wheels?

Kind Regards - Rick

A shorter route will result in soot on the vehicle behind the outlet.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Red face Thanks John

I knew that was an issue but didn't know it was a significant annoyance!
    95K3500.Ext.Cab 4L80E 200,000 + miles; 3 gauge pillar pod pre turbo temp- boost- trans temp. 97 Cooling mods Fan / fan clutch, dual Tstat and water pump, Hi Pop Injectors, fast heat glow plugs, DSG gears, intake snorkel removed, air box mods, hi idle mod, dMax pipes for exhaust, FSD mounted on intake, Monroe Shocks. Homemade cooler lines, H7B coolers replace stock trans and oil devices, remote mount with 2 quart Wix filter aux micron filter, OPS relay and headlight boosters, glow plug extender, and an FPPF cocktail in every tank.

For awhile I was just running a modified down-pipe that dumped just below the level of my front leaf springs. That was quite loud and fumes at a stop light were not fun. I built a custom four inch exhaust that goes over the rear axle and turns into a turn down. Eventually I will point it out the side; I ran out of exhaust tubing when building my system.

I guess my point is you could have a turn down before the rear axle just keep it as high off the ground as possible. Dust becomes a problem with a turn down and I also have a nice black streak running up my driveway from when the exit was closer to the ground; now it is just a grey streak. My driveway is a hill with almost a 45 percent grade doubt you would get this with a flat driveway.
    •1982 GMC K2500 Cummins 4bt/NV4500/NP208

I've run a turn down just in front of the rear axle for the past 2 yrs....I haven't had any issues with exhaust fumes or soot on the alxe....but then mine is a daily driver...not pulling heavy loads.
    1995 Chevy K-2500 extended cab shortbed, 4L80E, 6.5 Turbo 182,000 miles, 3.73 gear
    110K 3" Flowmaster turbo downpipe / 120,000 Heath Diesel PMD relocator kit
    122K OPS Relay, New CDR valve, New Lift Pump and OPS / 130K New Harmonic Balancer & Crank Pulley / 173K Pro Comp LT265/75/16 / 181K Mechanica Boost