Thread: LBZ Fuel Mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just got back from a dirt biking trip. pulling a 6 x 12 enclosed with 4 bikes, gear, tool chest, etc. probably around 3000 pounds. Got an average of 12.2 going 82 mph. This is adjusted for odometer error. Not as good as I had hoped but we were going fast in a lifted pickup. The other truck was an lb7 with the almost identical load, he got just over 13 but he was going around 85 to 86 mph.
    2001 x cab dark gray sold @50000 NO PROBLEMS<br />2003 D/A CC Marine Mettalic Blue sold @68000 NO PROBLEMS<br />2006 Stealth Gray slt cc LBZ 6inch pro comp lift 315 BFG muds

My LBZ mpgs are slowly improving. With around 1400 miles on it, I got 17.92 hand calc'ed on a 300+ mile trip into Michigan last Friday running 72-77 mph. No problems whatsoever with mine so far & I like it better than my old LB7.
    '06 GMC LBZ/A CC/SB 4x4

5000 mile on it now ... average is just 16.6 mpg on winter blend fuel and its a crew cab 4x4 with a cap , 70 % high way driveing and speeds around 80 mph. It seams like its getting about 1 mpg better then my lly. I will say it has no problem running at 80 where the lly seamed to streach a bit to get to 80. The 2006 allison is the best tuned trans since they started using them in 2001!
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

A friend with a new LBZ came up for a visit from Southern CA couple days ago. He just sent me a note to tell me he got 20 mpg on the return trip cruising at 75. I made the same trip in my LB7 a few weeks ago and got 19.26 on the same route at the same speed. I guess that 6th gear helps.

TC
    \'03 Fire Red GMC 2500HD D/A Ex Cab SB 4x4, Leer shell, Husky flaps, Oilguard, Juice, Mufflerectomy, Cat fuel filter, Titan V, Equal-i-zer, Arctic Fox 30U

Quote Originally Posted by Tsckey
    A friend with a new LBZ came up for a visit from Southern CA couple days ago. He just sent me a note to tell me he got 20 mpg on the return trip cruising at 75. I made the same trip in my LB7 a few weeks ago and got 19.26 on the same route at the same speed. I guess that 6th gear helps.

TC
    Yes, he did! Now he's a member here! The 0.74 extra mpg was sure expensive Tsckey!

Well! We here it from the man himself! Welcome aboard amigo.

TC
    \'03 Fire Red GMC 2500HD D/A Ex Cab SB 4x4, Leer shell, Husky flaps, Oilguard, Juice, Mufflerectomy, Cat fuel filter, Titan V, Equal-i-zer, Arctic Fox 30U

Talking

i only have 5500 miles on mine. and i have a ladder rack on with ladders hanging in the wind, 3 tool boxes bolted to the sides and a full load of freon and heavy tools and supplys..my last tank got me 17.0 mph..i travel at 75mph when on the highway..Oh yea im happier than a pig in $hit...my ole dually 454 got 6mph..
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

Default 07 Classic CC-SB LBZ Mileage

My 07 Classic Crew Cab - Short Box - LBZ is stock right now - stock tires too and I have about 18,800 miles on her. I make repeated 3 hour trips back and forth in northern Michigan (in the U.P. - the REAL Great White North) and while they are not considered highway, I get decent fuel mileage. Since about the 10K mile mark I have been consistent with 19.6 to 20 mpg on this 3 hour trip running about 65 mph. I pass through small towns and have to slow down and because I have a wife and 2 small kids, we have to stop every friggin hour - but I am pleased with that mileage. Beats the hell out of my mini-van years.

Around town - it really varies. I get between 14.5 and 16.5 mpg depending if I am rodding it at all. Its not my daily driver, so I tend to like to RUN IT when I do drive it.

Winter blend DOES change this mileage - maybe 1.5 mpg or so. (ALL of this is hand calculated)

And really - who BUYS this truck for "mileage" anyway?

Its just a friggin awesome truck. LOVE the DMAX and ALLISON.