Thread: Upgrading Exaust System

Cool Upgrading Exaust System

How about some opinions on a total exhaust upgrade. What is a good size? Manufacture? Cat-back single or dual? Looking for performance/ not so much sound (that

Default Exhaust!!

[QUOTE=fire22dirver]How about some opinions on a total exhaust upgrade. What is a good size? Manufacture? Cat-back single or dual? Looking for performance/ not so much sound (that
    1999 F-250 PowerStroke Crew Cab Short Box Lariat 4X4
    Fumoto, Turbo-Master, MBRP 4", Billet Triple Disc TC, HD TransGo Tugger, AIS, Triple Pod, Autometer Phantoms, SPDiesel Overboost Eliminator, SCT Tuned By Tadd @ Elite Diesel Performance 75/100/125 and DP-Tuner 80 Econo PCM, Sirius Radio...
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 4X4
    Stock for now...
    My Gallery

Smile Exhaust

Hi Brother, we have the banks monster 4". It helps lower EGT's, but it does have a little drone in the cab at about 1800 rpm in a pull. Banks sent us a newer style muffler that was supposed to have less drone noise, and it did help, but there is still enough to notice in the cab. Our truck is pre cat so I don't know how much difference that makes. Good luck.

What model year truck are we dealing with here?
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default 4" Exhaust

I bought mine from John Kennedy, aluminumized, not stainless. Had about the same type on my 95 suburban. I like the sound and it seems to breathe a lot easier. I went from the turbo back.
    Oh yeah, our cat died about the same time.
    Tom McCauley (DP Member #513)
    "Tankers-ToyII" Loaded 05 D/A K-3500 CC, SRW. Deep pan on Allison w/Transyn. Edge Juice w/attitude, 4" Kennedy exhaust, 98 Gal. Transfer-Flow cross bed fuel tank, Leer 100XQ bed cap. Reese 14,000lb class V hitch w/ dual cam HP sway control. Tow 34ft. 32FKD Holiday Rambler travel trailer. GCW 20,360lbs

Default Kennedy

Driving a '05' Crew, D-max (of course). I live in WV where we have a yearly state inspection, and the cat is required to pass. How much difference does a cat back vs turbo back. So far my mods include Air Aid filter/intake tude, and Boost Stick (baby steps)

Kennedy does not sell a 4". They do sell a 3.5" aluminized system. I ordered mine almost 3 weeks ago and have now idea where it is. If you want a 4" you may want to look at SSDIESEL.com. They sell a 4" stainless steel system for the sames price as kennedy's 3.5". I have ordered other parts from ssdiesel and received what I ordered.
    2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, Duramax LMM/Allison 6spd, Crew Cab, 4x2 LTZ 6.6 bed (no mods yet!)
    SOLD, 180K mi\'94 Chevy C2500 6.5TD Max-E-tork, Turbo-Master, dual ISSPRO guages, Remote FSD w/#9 resistor, 3"DP to 3.5" Kennedy Diesel exhaust, '97 waterpump upgrade, K&N filter, New Timing chain and gears 155k mi

What year did they add the cat?

Quote Originally Posted by lfytsmith
    Kennedy does not sell a 4". They do sell a 3.5" aluminized system. I ordered mine almost 3 weeks ago and have now idea where it is. If you want a 4" you may want to look at SSDIESEL.com. They sell a 4" stainless steel system for the sames price as kennedy's 3.5". I have ordered other parts from ssdiesel and received what I ordered.
    We are talking Duramax here not 6.5. I'm sorry your exhaust system has been delayed. I would have preferred to hear about it in person rather than public, but I answered your comment in the other thread. As I stated, my exhaust systems ship direct from my contract bender and I am out of the loop. I was not aware that there was a shortage on the 6.5 turbo pipe until just recently.

Now onto Dmax exhaust. My opinion is that doing a cat back is a waste of time/money. There will be those who disagree, but the extra bends, twists, and cat media are quite restrictive. In a situation where emissions inspections are a concern, I typically suggest a system from Magnaflow or MBRP (I sell both) where the front pipe bolts in. That way you can swap in if necessary.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

Default Thanks Kennedy

As you stated, the front pipe unbolts to change out, does this mean from the muffler foward, or for the entire system? Do you list these systems on your web site?

State laws are such pain in the A**

What year truck are we dealing with?

A typical cat back system starts above and slightly behind the T-bar crossmember at the 4 bolt flange (pre-2006) and the turbo pipe blots right in place of the OE pipe. I've been lax about listing the MBRP stuff on my site, but I suppose I should get on it!
    Kennedy Diesel-owner