Thread: Permanent grin on my face

markrinker Guest

My best winter snowplow operator stopped by today, we had arranged to do some dirt work at a residence about 25 miles away. He pulled in the driveway with his new 2004 black Silverado 1500HD LT, complete with lift, 285 rubber, loud dual exhaust, chrome door handles, and not a scratch on it.

For the drive over, he jumped in truck #2 (his plow truck all last winter) with the Case 1845C in tow. I followed in his new Silverado. He had not driven it since it got the new motor and all the mods.

About two minutes down the road, he got on the Nextel and remarked "Wow, does this thing run better! You can actually accelerate up the hills!"

After finishing the tearout, stump chipping, and grading work, we jumped back in our respective trucks, and headed for home. Not far down the road, we ended up side by side at a stoplight. I had the stump chipper in tow behind my rig. At the green, I nailed it, belching out a nice black cloud in his open window, and SMOKED his 6.0 Silverado by at least two truck lengths from 0 - 70.

The grin won't go away...

yee-haw!
    -