Thread: Edge A2 navagation

Question Edge A2 navagation

I was wondering if anyone with an A2 travels between the US and Canada. Both maps do not fit on one 1 MB sd card. Do I need to buy another 1mb card and load US maps, operating system and such and swith them at the border, or can it all go on say a 2mb card and work seamlessly when crossing.

That would be a good question for Edge tech as I've only been to Canada once and haven't planned any returns that would allow me to test it. My guess is that you would need to switch cards.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I guess I'll e-mail Edge tech this question and see if they know what to do. If not, I'll experiment myself and post the results for anyone who has cross border family like myself.
    Otherwise, the A2 does everything it says it will on my new to me '04 D-Max LT.

The backup camera is in Beta testing FYI
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Edge says buy a 1.5 gig card and both maps will fit fine. Thanks Kenny G. at Edge.
    Kennedy, I will be getting the backup camera if it has enough range to work on the back of our 27' fiver. Probably save me some money in kids bicycles.
    Wonder if I can get a beta tester to try out in Canadian climate conditions ....

Default More about the Edge A2

I ordered my A2 w/ juice today and paid the extra shipping overnight to install it this weekend. I spoke at lengths to an actual tech at Edge and found out some awesome info! First, he stated that if I wanted to add the Canadian maps (for when I go bear hunting), I should go with 2GB to be safe for future add-on maps. I asked about the camera, which Edge's website says is "wireless" and he advised that it's looking to hit the shelves in July, but that it would be wired instead. The "live" feedback from the camera and picture quality was too poor with a "wireless" connection. The estimated street price is between $249.99 and $349.99. I just hope I made the right choice in going with Edge over Banks. The deciding factor for me was the use of the GPS and Camera vs. a Palm handheld.