Thread: Transmission

Question Transmission

I was riding with a friend in his 6.5 96 2500 (standard) and he went to downshift and we started to hear a click click click coming from the end of the gear shift.....this sound now happens on the down shift in all gears in four wheel drive and when letting of the gas. Not on upshifting. He was in two wheel drive and there was no load on. He doesn't do any hard pulls or real heavy loads.

Just throwing it out there any ideas?
    TTM
    94 2500 K
    Kennedy Remote FSD Mount (that's it)
    265,325km
    Owned since 2000

if this noise is heard in all gears, on decel, but heard in no gear on accel......i would pop the cover off the rear diff and snoop around a bit.
    95 K2500 HD "F" JK "big" chip, JK big intercooler, high-pops, JK 4 inch exhaust, fsd cooler, Auto Meter guages, Holeset turbo from a 5.9L Cummins, fresh 18:1 eng w/new IP, no vac pump.

The first thing that comes to mind is the input shaft bearing (in center of flywheel) or the throw out bearing has come loose. My limited slip rear end made a clicking sound only on acceleration up hill when it was worn out.
    Original D.P. Member #750, 2009 Ext Cab LB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Black, Linex, 1993 6.5 TD 4x4 reg cab LB, 5 speed, 1972 Pontiac Lemans, 94 cady De Ville

Thanks guys, I think you hit the nail on the head Al, he took into the shop this morning and it looks like the a input shaft problem. Just a question, could a guy service that himself or leave it up to someone who knows what they are doing?

Thanks for getting back to me guys.
    TTM
    94 2500 K
    Kennedy Remote FSD Mount (that's it)
    265,325km
    Owned since 2000