Thread: 6500 optimizer

Default 6500 optimizer

Has anyone been to the am general site about the 6500 optimizer. They advertise this great motor and all the uses and a bunch of other crap but not one lick of info of how to obtain one of these things. Whats the point of advertising it, if you arn't gonna sell it.

Arrow

If you needed to buy 10,000 of them, they'd talk to you. They don't retail. You'd have to get one through a distributor, like Penninsular.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

You can purchase an optimizer from a Hummer dealer. I was quoted $10,918 for a complete drop in ( incl turbo ) from Huntington Hummer in Wv. I was told by the service mng that list was $12,131.70 I opted for the Penisular version.

Pat
    1999 Trek pending install of the Peninsuar optimizer rear turbo 288- 300 hp

that looks awsome, thats whats killing the truck model is the poor design of their passenger side exhaust manifold, but that looks like it would rock. Whats pennsular's pricing like. Can you buy a am general short block or just complete motors?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by PatW
    You can purchase an optimizer from a Hummer dealer. I was quoted $10,918 for a complete drop in ( incl turbo ) from Huntington Hummer in Wv. I was told by the service mng that list was $12,131.70 I opted for the Penisular version.
    For that kind of cash, you can repower with a Duramax/Allison. That's just crazy. I would consider that 6.5, for about 1/2 the $$.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com