Thread: Upgrades that don't cause allison problems?

Default Upgrades that don't cause allison problems?

Morning all,
    I am looking to many options for upgrading my 04 Dmax. The only thing i want to avoid is slippage or future problems with the Tranny. I have been told that an aftermarket exhaust and performance intake is as far as i should go before any problems with the tranny would occur. And if i were to add those upgrades with a chip or controller, i would have problems down the line. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Paul

An exhaust will be fine. You won't see much gain if any with the intake.

You can run a tow tune pretty safely with the Allison but don't go much more than 60 additional horsepower if you want good longevity.
    2002 LB7 D/A 2WD. Suncoast Stage V. KD EFILive Tuned, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter, BD Turbo

2005 LLY D/A 2WD. KD Headlight Booster, KD 4/5 Exhaust, Suncoast Stage V, KD EFILive Tuned.

LB7:12.8@108 #2 Only 11.92@115.62 #2W/N20
    LLY: 471HP & 990 TQ 13.58@100.57

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH_RfHGgKUk]Boosted![/URL]

[url="www.bmdmax.com/index.html"]Truck Website[/url]

[URL=http://www.bmdmax.com/downloads/semc-2.wmv]Chasing 11's Video[/URL]

[url="www.kennedydiesel.com"]Go Fast Goodies Powered by Kennedy Diesel[/url]

11 Second 2WD Crew Posse Member!! Got Slicks?

I agree 100% with badmax.... My last two trucks had over 80K on them , 90% of the time with edge juice set on 70 hp driven fairly hard empty and some respect shown while towing. Tow tune and a finger stick on a lly is very close to what a stock alli will deal with on a regular accurance. about all you will notice with a air filter kit is the turbo spools slightly faster , Not worth big money in book. exhaust will give you a seat of the pants bang for your money, in most cases 15+ hp and maybe 30~40 lbs of TQ poss more !
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!