Thread: New injectors???

Default New injectors???

I hear so many say that injectors only run good good for 100,000 miles or so. I have 154,000 miles on mine, and my truck runs great!! Is it because I run the same BP diesel, and add additive every time???? Would high performance injectors make more power???

I replaced mine at 184000 and couldnt tell any difference.Save your money.Use a good fuel additive on every tank,And it will pay for itself in fuel savings alone!!
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

Smile

I agree, if your truck runs good, stick with a quality fuel additive. At 220K on the motor, (Unknown on the injectors) I installed high performance injectors and did not notice much of a change. Since then I have made many mods, so its hard to tell how much the injectors added.
    94 K3500 Dually 4x4, Avant 18:1, Girdled, ceramic coat pistons, Phaser gear drive, 98 cooling mods, PMD cooler, JK chip, JK 4" exhaust, Gauges

While I agree on the additive, I must say that these type injectors are past their prime at 100k. Thankfulley the IDI design of the 6.5 seems to be very forgiving so a dramatic loss in performance or economy does not generally occur. Over time they wil fall off. They will go 300k in many cases, but again are beyond their prime. Pop psi will drift and spray patterns will stream.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Thumbs up Injectors

I have to agree with Kennedy,

I did the injectors myself on my 1993 at about 106,000 miles and although I was not having any major problems I found that it smoked less, ran smoother, ran cooler and it was easier to shift the trans (standard). I used brand new GM injectors.
    As a side note one of the original injectors was loose in the engine and one of them showed a lot of corrosion at the tip -- bad metal??
    Al
    Original D.P. Member #750, 2009 Ext Cab LB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Black, Linex, 1993 6.5 TD 4x4 reg cab LB, 5 speed, 1972 Pontiac Lemans, 94 cady De Ville