Thread: IP change with out Eprom change

BUZZ Guest

I have been fighting a lazy starting burb since IP under warranty change. Also cold starts are very poor. I have gone top to bottom, glow plugs, controller, crank sensor, batteries amd cables, grounds, etc. I have a friend with a Snapon with OBD 1 cards for my burb. It seems that my burb has a 9929 PROM and according to the TSB for this model truck, should have a 9975 PROM. I have a 94 heavy duty engine code.
    You pros have any thoughts on this as a problem on lazy and por cold starts? Truck runs good, pulls good, gets good mileage.
    Thanks
    Buzz

JohnC Guest

Could this be the first time the pump was changed? If so, I think you need a prom upgrade. The earliest pumps are not plug compatible with the later ones, which is what you have now. IIRC

Kennedy Guest

If a guy knew what pumpmodel # you had and now have would be helpful...

Typically, they will run extremely poorly when mismatched, not just low performance, but noisy, and super sluggish.

Could be you just got a poor pump...

BUZZ Guest

JK,
    My current pump is a 5521. This is the second pump, first Green tag pump went over 100,000 with
    never a problem. Well now after a change and 134,000 guess I got a bad pump out of the box.
    Thanks for the replys
    Buzz