Thread: 6.2/6.5 Cylinder Block Date Code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    My 929 block that is soon ready for the DaHoooley is numbered "F154"
    June 15 94 ??

Non squirt, Large outer bolt.

Missy
    Yup... June 15, 1994.... Should be fine. If a well-seasoned block is crack-free now, it'll likely remain that way.

Jim

Was fine, had one tiny crack starting in the number 3 outer bolt hole. Had not reached through the hole to the outside yet.

Inserted all 6 outers to be sure.

Bore .020 OS

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Smile Confusion reigns

Would realy appreciate some help clearing up a piont of confusion.

I have a block with the casting G 2 8 0 and assuming that this would be July 28 2000 if this is so is this block in the "The Danger Zone" as it is almost perfect ie no cracks and less than 0.00025" wear.

Anyway a merry Christmas to all on this forum and their loved ones and a healthy and prosperous new year.

regards Steve.

Arrow

A 2000 year casting date is not out of the woods. We published a performance 6.5 story several years ago about a buildup using a 2000 block that had one small crack in a main web. This crack was repaired using the Loc-n-Stitch method, and has performed well since then - as far as I know - at least as late as a couple of years ago when I last communicated with the owner.

The block issues really didn't get sorted out till November 2001, when International began casting a somewhat redesigned block.

If yours is crack-free, be happy. If it was likely to crack, it would have long before now.

Jim

Was that Mark Bajus who did the Lock-n stitch?

FWIW I am getting calls from guys buying "Hummer takeout" engines. I've seen SOOOO much crap out there that I am really skeptical especially when the engine goes right into a truck heads and all...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Was that Mark Bajus who did the Lock-n stitch?

FWIW I am getting calls from guys buying "Hummer takeout" engines. I've seen SOOOO much crap out there that I am really skeptical especially when the engine goes right into a truck heads and all...
    No, it was Andrew Ashwill's build for his 1995 Chevy. As I recall, Robyn is also experimenting with these crack repairs.

Jim