Thread: ULSD or LSD both at my pump??

Default ULSD or LSD both at my pump??

Not sure which to fill up with on my new 06' Duramax, my station carries both LSD and ULSD. Besides the lube issue any thought on which fuel to use??

I'd like to add to that question. On my 02, if I have no choice but to fill up with ULSD, should I increase my fuel additive to make up for the loss in lubricity of the lowered sulfur content of the fuel? What would you recommend?
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.

Arrow

If LSD is available, use it, in your 2006 or earlier diesel. If using ULSD, I recommend treating the fuel with a diesel fuel treatment that advertises additional fuel lubricity - at the recommended ratio listed on the bottle. Treating at higher concentrations won't hurt anything - except for the cost of treatment.

Use a nationally available and recognized fuel treatment. GM recognizes both Stanadyne and Racor fuel treatments, but there are others out there with supporters.

Jim

I will not put ULSD in my 2006 unless I have no option. I have yet to see ULSD.

My truck will use LSD as long as it is still available.

ULSD has a lower BTU content than LSD
    2006 GMC SLT K3500 Crew Cab 4X4 Dually, Duramax, Allison.
    100th ANNIVERSARY Harley-Davidson FLSTFI with custom Black with blue airbrushed \"Real Fire\" paint set.

Previous Duramax trucks:
    2005 GMC SLT K3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually, Duramax/allison 25210 miles at trade
    2001 Chevy LT C3500 Crew Cab dually, Duramax allison 132,210 miles at trade

Soon the ULSD is all there will be on the road. Even farm equip will have to use it soon.

Break out the BIO