Thread: IP change with out Eprom change

BUZZ Guest

My burb had a IP change from a 5068 to a newer 5521 and I don't know if the the ECM chip program was changed, what would be the symptoms/conditions?
    I ask because I bought the truck with 75000 miles and a very problem free life. It is a 94 with the F code VIN indicating HD model.
    At around 110,000 I had a IP change under warranty and since then the truck has started differently and since then when weather is cold, SES 35 and 36 set. I did experience shut down and replaced the FSD with a cooler and fixed that, but still get 35, 36. I have performed all the checks and recently R&R the intake to check fuel hoses and replace the IP harness that came with the FSD cooler. While R&R the intake I did notice that the optical sensor on top of IP was wet with fuel inside the connector which I know is not normal. I cleaned and reconnected. Truck still sets 35 and 36 but overall runs great.
    So while mentally going over things I know that the 94 HD had a different pump somwhow and basically grasping at straws. If this continues I will simply disable the circuit that drops out the crusie control when SES comes on and just drive.
    Thanks
    Buzz

[ 01-06-2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: BUZZ ]

moondoggie Guest

Good Day!

You might want to click on "my profile" & let us know what year, etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044