Thread: Need info on 05

Default Need info on 05

I am currently looking at buying a used 05 Chevy 2500hd with the duramax and the allison tranny. It is 4x4, crew cab, sb with 12k miles. I currently own a 04 Ford F250 6.0psd that I am trading because of engine problems. How do the 05s tow, I have a 26ft 9k pound tt that I pull almost every weekend and I am very satisfied with the way it tows. The dealer is asking 31995 for this truck and I will be back tommarrow with my trade. Any info will be very helpful.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    04 Ford F-250, 6.0PSD, 5spd. Auto, Crew Cab, Fx4, Lariat, SB.

93 Chevy C1500, 5.7L, Auto, Extended Cab, LB, 201k and still going strong.

And also, how is this year model holding up with injectors, trannies, etc??

I would really look into a new 06 LBZ for not too much more money with the way financing is on new versus used. There were some overheating issues with some of the 05's. You may find some previous post on the subject. You will not be dissapointed with the power. We have a few friends that traded 6.0's for the D/Max and they were amazed.

I just hooked my tt up to it and pulled it for about 60 miles on the interstate at 70mph. This thing pulls better than my Ford does, I am impressed. The temperatures didn't seem to move much but when I got off the interstate I did notice that the fan was on for about 10 seconds when I started to accelerate again.

Thumbs up

If you liked the 05 MY, you would love the 06 MY it is the new D/Max on steroids. If you are really serious about any used vehicle, get a carfax report on the Vin # and check for problems or repairs and or accidents ect before you buy.There are some guys on this site that may be able to help you with the vin # and issues if any. Good luck on your purchase.

Smile Love the '05...

I tow the below (sig.) TT fairly regularly. I absolutely love the truck....

Take care,
    Jim M.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)