Thread: Restore ECM to stock

Default Restore ECM to stock

I purchased a used 04 Chev K2500HD DD several months ago from a dealer. Today I purchased a Superchips 2805 Flashpaq tuner and attempted to tune the truck. The result was that the tuner says the stock tune is not stock. Therefore I am assuming that someone else tuned this truck and did not remove the tune when they traded it in. How can I restore the ECM to a stock tune so I can tune it with the SC flashpaq?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jporvaz
    I purchased a used 04 Chev K2500HD DD several months ago from a dealer. Today I purchased a Superchips 2805 Flashpaq tuner and attempted to tune the truck. The result was that the tuner says the stock tune is not stock. Therefore I am assuming that someone else tuned this truck and did not remove the tune when they traded it in. How can I restore the ECM to a stock tune so I can tune it with the SC flashpaq?

John
    If you know someone with a Tech2, they can flash over the top. EFILive will over-write it as well.
    Tuner of fast "diesel" powered trucks, www.McRatRacing.com

2005 GMC 2500HD "Casper" 11.77 @ 114.5 on #2. 674rwhp, 1380tq. EFILive "McRat" tuning, Mike L Suncoast, PPE Dual CP3's, HighTechTurbo "McRat" charger.
    2004.5 GMC 3500 "Big Blue" 13.1 @ 103 on #2. PPE Tuned, Mike L Suncoast Trans.
    2006 GMC 2500HD "Wendy" 13.9@96 on #2, PPE tuning, Mike L Suncoast trans.

PS - Pretty much all dealers have Tech2's. You can pay them to "reflash" the truck to stock. Technically the selling dealer should do it for free. So do most the "custom tuning" guys around the country and Canada. Europe or Australia will be a bit harder, you'll most likely have to take out your ECM and send it to someone.

2005 GMC 2500HD "Casper" 11.77 @ 114.5 on #2. 674rwhp, 1380tq. EFILive "McRat" tuning, Mike L Suncoast, PPE Dual CP3's, HighTechTurbo "McRat" charger.

PSS - I do this for folk in SoCal. Have Tech2 won't travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jporvaz

John

Where do you live? I can find someone near you to help you.
    Twin Turbo LLY

EFI Live Tuned by Me
    11.8 @ 118+ 1/4 on #2 only

I live in Chandler, AZ. The shop that I purchase most my stuff from (Bartling Enterprises, Queen Creek, AZ) might be able to reflash for me..... I won't know until about 8 AM AZ time.

Bobo, if you know of a shop that could do it, I would appreciate the assistance. I'd rather not have to go to the dealer.

Thank you.

John

You can have it done by the local GM dealer.
    Ron
    If you have any questions feel free email or call
    rrapp@superchips.com
    1-888-227-2447 ex 7019
    8-5 est.

"Please do not call after these times, I will be on the trails in the mud, blood and the beer"

To all who replied- Thank you.
    I contacted the retailer I bought the truck from and they have a Tech2 and can/will restore the stock files to the ECM.

Thank you.

John