Thread: LED lights ?

Question LED lights ?

The LED tail lights that are now out are great. I am wondering if anyone knows if they make replacement 12volt bulbs that fit the interior lighting fixtures inside a camper. Think of the energy saved and almost no draw on the batteries as compared to conventional 12v bulbs.
    I have an LED flashligh, it is bright and the batteries last about 20 or 30 hours. On the same type of flashlight with the old style bulb I was lucky to get 3 hrs out of the batteries. Just a thought.

Default LED's are great

When we bought a new 33ft bumper pull in 2002, first thing I wanted to do was get rid of the incandescent bulbs and go led, everywhere. I found a web site, http://altenergy.blog-city.com (check out lightboard and John Thomas. You can see pics of my setup ) where I could buy circuit boards. I got the leds in bulk from a place in Hong Kong along with resisters and put them together myself. Being an astronomer I did some in red for night vision. They are truly wonderful. I used to turn on 4 or 5 lights and watch the volt meter slowly move down, but now I can run all 18 interior lights and barely loose and power(thats a slight exaggeration, but really I don't worry about power loss due to light use) . One drawback--cost. I have about $17.00 into each and every light, but I'd do it again. I also found some web sites like superleds.com that sell plug in leds for the outside marker lights. To me leds are the lights of the future (for now) although there seems to be a race to make that brightest led and we are ending up with high wattage lights all over again.

John

Poke around here a bit: http://www.superlumination.com/

LED replacements for many automotive and home applications.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

I've been looking to do the interior of my camper also. I have not found a suitable replacement yet. I have done the exterior running lights what a difference that makes. I used the oval lights in the rear w/ 42 leds and the marker lights are all 16 leds each.
    1998 k1500 kennedy exhaust,heath turbomaster, 99 hd program,boost,pyro,trans and oil temp gauges.duramax fan .active suspension.2003 2500hd banks exhaust,diablo 40hp with edge juice w/moniter, ,265-75-16 uniroyal w/ air bags

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replys, I knew you guy's would have some great idea's and places to find what I need. Our trailer has all of these recessed lights, I swear there must be 18 of them and then four more wall mount fancy whatever lights. They all have dimmer switches. I think if I turned on every light at once and was running the TV on the inverter too it would turn my poor little bateries inside out. I can see the volt meter drop pretty good just running half of the lights. I am surprised that they don't already have LED's in these things. I think you are right LED's are going to be the light of the future. Thanks again.

They don't have LED's for the same reason GM doesn't put 100% Transynd in the tranny.

COST!

Mike
    07 Silverado 2500HD LT3 D/A CC SB, Astro cap, all in Blue Granite Metallic. H2 chrome wheels with 265/70-17 Pirelli Scorpions. Autometer Boost and Pyro mounted overhead. Luverne stainless nerf bars, BedRug, PML trans pan and high cap diff cover.

03 Cardinal 31BH travel trailer weighing in at 9600# loaded and ready to go.

2 x 07 Sea Doo GTX PWC's, 3 Passenger and able to tow skier, tube, etc

02 VW Jetta GL TDI automatic, 42 MPG winter, 47 summer, 96K.

00 VW Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed, Rocket Chip 3 Euro with hi flow injectors. 48 MPG winter, 54 MPG summer. 142K.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

These guys have replacement LED style lamps for just about every bulb type, including many interior lamps.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Default ebay store

I ran across this store some time ago, haven't had time to really look into it yet but thought I would pass it on.

http://stores.ebay.com/US-Home-Direc...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    97 6.5td GMC suburban SLT, 373s, Pinacle 4" exhaust, K&N air filter, synthetic front to back (kid taxi) approx. 170k
    97 CC dually, just got it, no mods, yet. approx. 122k

98 Terry 30' bunkhouse/slide, 6800# empty.

Thanks, Doug

doug@advisorrealtors.com
    www.advisorrealtors.com