Thread: 6.2/6.5 Fluidampr?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good Day!

This sounds like a terrific product. It would have to be at least considered if one was building a strong motor for pulling (or fun! ), or just want to keep it for a real long time. Unfortunately, for us commoners, at list price they're 7.7 - 9.1 X what I can get a standard replacement part for from Rock Auto (ATP or Dorman); 6.8 - 8.0 X Rock Auto if bought from Summit. Maybe ATP and/or Dorman are junk, but they'll have to do for me for now.

"We have seen some applications have basically no power gain & in some we have seen a 10% gain." If I read this right, that means across all the applications they've built Fluidamprs for, you'll see 0 - 10% power (hp? torque?) improvement. This does NOT say this applies to 6.2 and/or 6.5 applications.

"...on a stock 6.5L application, we should be able to measure approximately 5% additional horsepower and torque..." "Trust but verify..." "Dan to Jim: Yes, on a stock diesel, we typically see on the order of a 5% increase." As a consumer, I guess what others have been trying to say is, don't in any way, shape, or form make the claim without any data. I know the temptation is terrific to make such claims. I work for a small (~ 20 employees) company that mfgs parts for scientific instruments; we're a 3rd party vendor of such parts. I constantly have to stop myself from saying anything I can't back up with hard data. Others here have simply expressed their desire for the data to back up the claim. Personally, I suspect you'll eventually provide this data, but I agree with the others: tell us what it provably will do, don't bother telling us what hasn't been or can't be proved.

Please accept in the spirit given. I'm a knee-jerk capitalist, & wish you all the best. I just happen to feel that you've got enough to offer if it simply reduces crank harmonics in our 6.2/6.5 engines.

(on edit) On second thought, maybe it doesn't matter. Even if you provided dyno plots, some folks would still say you jazzed the data. Sometimes when you're a vendor, you just can't win, eh? I ran 5 gallons of Stanadyne Performance Formula through my 95 pickup, & my mpg dropped ~ 5% the full year I ran it. They claim a 3 - 8% mpg improvement. My 5% mpg drop is within what I'd consider normal data scatter for such stuff, but my mpg certainly didn't increase. So it goes...

Blessings!
    Last edited by moondoggie; 07-26-2007 at 11:00.
    82 6.2NA K15 4X4 pickup, 4spd man w/ OD, 335K+ "In Rust We Trust" (parked)
    95 6.5TD 2500 4X4 pickup, Gear Vendors Aux. OD, > ¼ million miles - gone
    95 6.5TD 1500 4X4 3/4T Suburban, Kennedy exhaust, > ¼ million miles
    93 6.5TD 3500 4X4 1T crew cab LB pickup, 230k miles