Quote Originally Posted by Konrad.INc View Post
Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows if its ok or not to glue a set of magnets onto a Fluidamper harmonic balancer? I have started to get a little interested in sticking an Isspro tacometer on my truck and I know they use a pair of magnets and a hall effect sensor to generate a signal. I am starting to get a little worried about my origonal balancer because I am getting a pulsing vibration throughout the truck which I think is steming from the engine. Kind of along the same lines, does anyone have any advice for installing a gear drive set at the same time as I do the damper?

Thanks
The rather small magnets Isspro uses shouldn't cause a problem when installed as indicated in the instructions. Some vibrations found in these engines could be due to an aging harmonic damper. It could also be attributed to a loose timing chain - causing variations in injection timing. It could also be due to an imbalance in the injectors or cylinder compression.

Installing the gear drive timing set has been discussed at great length here in the board. A few searches should turn up a lot of reading.

Jim