Thread: 1995 Chevy 6.5 TD 4x4 Silverado HD

Default 1995 Chevy 6.5 TD 4x4 Silverado HD

Figured, I'd get more views here. If its in the wrong spot, move it but here we go.

For sale:

Well, I just realized I am seriously hurting for money, so I am thinking about selling my truck if I can. Well, here it is:

The basics:
    1995 Chevy 2500HD Silverado
    6.5 Turbo Diesel
    4L80E trans
    4x4
    120500 miles
    Extended Cab
    Long Bed
    Dark blue exterior no rust
    Dark blue interior no stains

The details:
    The paint is really shiny, with normal wear and tear on the body. Scratches here and there, but you have to be pretty close to notice them. 1 dent that I know of, on the driver door, and its the size of a dime

The interior is totally un-stained, but a slight hue may be present on the seats. Either way, it is extremely clean for a 11 year old truck.

The motor starts and runs perfect, and the trans shifts very well. Motor and trans are un-modified, and have been that way since new. No chips or anything going on here.

Factory CD/casette player but I recently (last week) had all the speakers replaced with pioneer speakers by Sounds In Motion

American Racing "Baja" style polished aluminum 16x8 wheels, with stainless steel center caps and chrome lugnuts with Kelly 265/75 tires mounted on them.

When i bought the truck, there was some surface rust on the bottom of the doors and cab, but I had that fixed by a professional body shop, and should be good to go for a number of years.

Things that do not work:
    4 lo does not work. The truck shifts into 4 hi and works perfect there, and will shift into lo range, but the front tires do not pull in 4 lo. I have had 3 shops tell me its the same, common problem. Transfer case switch. Simple fix, just haven't needed 4 lo, so I have not had a need to fix .t

A/C does not work right now. New compressor needed. I normally don't use it anyways, so I did not mind

Passenger side mirror does not adjust left and right, but up and down work. It is in a good position right now, so again, I haven't had to fix it

Typical wear and tear for a truck of 11 years old. There are scratches on the paint, but the truck looks real good until you get within a few feet, and even then it still looks near flawless for a truck this old.

After the body shop did the rust repair, I put the "3M Rocker Panel Spray" over the new paint to protect against rock chips. This is now peeling off, but the paint underneath is still perfect. I was planning on durabaking the rocker panels, and I will include the gallon of black, smooth, UV protected durabak that I have for the project

That is all. Somewhat minor issues, all of which are relatively easy to fix. This truck is awesome. Tows fairly well, but could use more power (what can't, right?)

Pics:

Gonna ask 7500 OBO. I have well over 8500 into it, and I bought it in June.
    James

Do you still have 4-sale?I'm very interested. I would like you talk to you about it,and maybe look at it this weekend.I'm in Illinois.

Very nice truck. Is it still for sale?

Chris
    1999 F-250 PowerStroke Crew Cab Short Box Lariat 4X4
    Fumoto, Turbo-Master, MBRP 4", Billet Triple Disc TC, HD TransGo Tugger, AIS, Triple Pod, Autometer Phantoms, SPDiesel Overboost Eliminator, SCT Tuned By Tadd @ Elite Diesel Performance 75/100/125 and DP-Tuner 80 Econo PCM, Sirius Radio...
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 4X4
    Stock for now...
    My Gallery