Quote Originally Posted by tomtaylor View Post
Hey guys, since I am reading this for the first time I have to say how interesting it is since I was just thinking after repairing my 6.2 head gaskets that I should run a line from the back of the head to the crossover. Obviously I won't do that now as I can see that this will cause more problems than it will solve! I didn't know there was any discussion about it or products for that matter, I just thought I would try it.

HOWEVER if flow is the only true solution please advise me about running that same line but instead, from the pressure side of the water pump to the back of the head, in an effort to "add lower temp water flow" to the back of the head rather than removing the hotter water flow from that spot with a bypass? is there a fundamental flaw in this idea.
Bad idea, and right on par with the bypass method. Increasing flow at the rear of the head will decrease coolant flow upstream. The dual stat and HO water pump upgrade is about as good as it gets. Assuming the rest of the system is healthy (radiator, stats, jackets, etc.).