Thread: Anyone running the B&D drivers side exhaust manifold yet?

Question Anyone running the B&D drivers side exhaust manifold yet?

Just wondering how much difference it makes.

I modified mine a long time ago, but now so when this manifold You won't see or feel the difference, but the restriction is so obvious that it just makes sense...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Thanks John, I am getting ready to order some gauges from you, I guess I'll get the manifold also. I won't have to drill the other one that way. I would think that the EGT's coming from the left side should be lower. Or at least read the same as the right side.

I would appreciate your assessment of the BD manifold after you install it (e.g. quiet and noticable difference).
    1) '03 GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4; 4" exhaust, egt and boost gauges; exhaust brake; Bilsteins; BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Mag-Hytec differential cover; Suncoast V transmission w/deep oil sump
    2) '07 Classic GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4'; Bilsteins, Silastic shackles, BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Federico sway bars; Dipricol boost and egt gauges; Transgo Jr,, Mag-Hytec differential and transmission pan

Thumbs up

Hi Conway, I will let you know. It will be after Christmas before I get R Done.
    Then I hope the new tunes are ready also.

R&R is easy. It has a port in it so no more worry about cracking the drilled manifold. I didn't see or feel a difference, but like John said, take a look and you will see the benefit. It is a cheap, easy, worthwhile mod. I bought all new gaskets, but some get away with reusing them.
    Twin Turbo LLY

EFI Live Tuned by Me
    11.8 @ 118+ 1/4 on #2 only

Question

Thanks, I would really like to hear if anyone is running one with egt gauges in both manifolds. I had gauges on both manifolds of our 02, and the left side ran a little hotter, about 100 degrees more under load and climbed faster under load. If I was cruising and not pulling hard they would read the same.
    I figured the higher reading was due to the restriction on the left.

Bobo:
    Any increase in sound?
    1) '03 GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4; 4" exhaust, egt and boost gauges; exhaust brake; Bilsteins; BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Mag-Hytec differential cover; Suncoast V transmission w/deep oil sump
    2) '07 Classic GMC 2500HD Dmax/Ali Ext/Short 4x4'; Bilsteins, Silastic shackles, BD exhaust manifold; Oil Guard bypass; Lubrication pre oem fuel filter; Tekonsha Prodigy; Federico sway bars; Dipricol boost and egt gauges; Transgo Jr,, Mag-Hytec differential and transmission pan

No increase in sound on my LLY.
    Twin Turbo LLY

EFI Live Tuned by Me
    11.8 @ 118+ 1/4 on #2 only