Thread: Block heater question, i read the last post, new question.

Default Block heater question, i read the last post, new question.

Like the previous poster I was looking for my block heater plug, i checked in the wheel well on driver side nothing. I put a flashlight and looked around the engine for a plug sticking out and nothing. Is it possible I have no heater? Or could it be there's a heater I just need to attach a cord to it?

I found mine last week between the driver's side battery and the grille. Brett
    2005 GMC Sierra SLT Dually Crew, 4x4, stock
    71,000 kms

Arrow

If you can't find your cord, trace it from the source. The heater element is in a frost plug hole in the lower driver side of the block, just in front of the motor mount. Find it and follow the cord to its end. ALL GM light truck Diesel engines are delivered with a block heater, in that location. The cord, on the other hand, could be anywhere.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically.

Blessings!
    82 6.2NA K15 4X4 pickup, 4spd man w/ OD, 335K+ "In Rust We Trust" (parked)
    95 6.5TD 2500 4X4 pickup, Gear Vendors Aux. OD, > ¼ million miles - gone
    95 6.5TD 1500 4X4 3/4T Suburban, Kennedy exhaust, > ¼ million miles
    93 6.5TD 3500 4X4 1T crew cab LB pickup, 230k miles

Thanks for the tip, and thanks to the other guys for helping.. i'll continue looking.

Quote Originally Posted by moondoggie
    Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically.

Blessings!
    1995 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 Extended Cab/Long Box
    6.5 Diesel
    370,000Km.

I found mine wire-tied to the radiator towards the bottom. It was hard to see because it blended right in. Check in between radiator and driver's side headlight.
    Jeffrey Todd
    _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _
    '96 6.5TD GMC Suburban 2500 4x4 - 300,000 miles, JK remote FSD, Dual Thermostats