Thread: EFI Live Software

Default EFI Live Software

I am new to the forum and unfamiliar with the use of EFI Live. Do you need a laptop to program your truck or just how does it work? I think I'll have the time to use the software and can learn how to use it.
    Thanks for all the input of this forum.
    Steve

Default Help!

Surely, someone can help out a newbie!?
    KD, how about you?
    Steve

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dura-Ration
    Surely, someone can help out a newbie!?
    KD, how about you?
    Steve
    I was looking at EFI Live as well. Apparently you do need a laptop, although it can be an old one if all you want to do is load tunes and not log data or build dashboards. (I think a 250Mhz with windows98 is the slowest computer that will work - check their site to be sure). If you have a garage that the truck will pull into a Desktop computer with a USB extenstion cable could work as well...

There is an extensive forum dedicated just to EFI LIVE. There are even archives of tunes that people post... Just google EFI LIVE and go to their main site.

I'm still learning, but thought I'd point you in the right direction...
    2007 Silverado, 3500HD, 4X4, CC, Long Bed, SRW, LMM Diesel, Navi, DVD, Roll-N-Lock Cover, ICI Running Boards, CoastalEtech GM Lockpick for DVD/Nav changes in Motion, Back-up Camera...

2006.5 VW Jetta Special Edition TDI - Blue Graphite - European Spec VW Fact. Nav Radio.

Default EFI Live

Thank you for the info,I will check it out.
    Steve

Yes you need a laptop, EFI interface kit, AND a general working knowledge of what makes your engine tick. Some pick it up right away, but many get confused and never really catch on. Depends on your level of enthusiasm, patience, and generl working knowledge of electronic diesels.

The software is free download so go ahead and check it out...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Some pick it up right away because they've just copied someone elses hard work !

LOL....

Lyndon
    www.ecmprogrammer.com
    Westers Garage
    1-888-WESTER-1

Default Thanks

Thank ya'll for the information of the EFI Live software, I have learned enough to make a decision of which Tuner that I need. I do not wish to get so deep into tuning as EFI Live, as for the cost to get started, but thats why I asked about it. All I want is a good tow tune for economy, so it looks like Diablosport for me.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ECMProgrammer
    Some pick it up right away because they've just copied someone elses hard work !

LOL....

Lyndon
    www.ecmprogrammer.com
    Westers Garage
    1-888-WESTER-1

There's definitely plenty of that going on, but you may want to clarify as some may read things into your post thinking you are referring to me.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

hmmmm.....
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

Default JK question ?

JK Whats your thoughts on LIVE EFI or a plug in chip like edge. I had edge on my lb7 and lly truck , cant say I was 100% in love with some of the issues it caused. I want about 40~50 more hp on my lbz truck for towing and daily driving , I am not interested in a race tune HP. fuel economy is a issue also , I know driving style plays a big roll so I have learned to slow down and keep thing to around 72~75 mph . also If i got to a reflash on a stock ecm is it poss to have 2 ecms one stock and one with a live efi tune and not cause problems with the BCM or TCM ? I have a used lbz ecm from a crashed truck that I was thinking about getting a custom program for and poss trying to do some tweeking on my own if it makes sence to try??
    93 c-2500 6.5td,96 6.5td x cab,01 GMC lb7 Xcab ,2004 lly crew cab ,2006 lbz crew cab,honda CBR1100xx,2003 polaris prox 700 , 2001 31' holiday rambler 10K lbs house on wheels!

Mark,
    What I do for the LBZ guys (and most others) is my Kennedy Custom tuning. I send out the ECM with the tune installed and the customer either purchases the core ECM or returns their stocker. In your case I could use your second ECM. Swap is simple.

I have a very nice 70HP Perf/Tow tune for the LBZ that would suit you well. Smoother and stringer than other commercialy available tuners that claim higher HP numbers.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner